Dr. Arun Phophalia, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  MBBS, MS (General Surgery), Fellowship in Sports Medicine
5625079

What do you recommend for ED other than Viagra and other drugs.

What do you recommend for ED other than Viagra and other drugs. Are there any natural remedies that actually work? Tom.
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Arun Phophalia replied 1 year ago.

Hello Tom,

Natural remedies like DHEA, Horny goat weed, Folic acid and vitamin E, Gingseng, ginkgo biloba, Yohimbine have positive effects in some individuals with the Erectile dysfunction (ED). Yohimbine is suppose to be a safe agent with few known adverse effects. It is administered in a dosage of 5.4 mg (1 tab) 3 times daily and this can be combined with Viagra, Cialis and Levitra. You may consult your doctor to start it.

For the management of the erectile dysfunctions, one needs to go in step wise fashion, as following;

1) The first step; Oral PDE-5 inhibitors remain the first-line therapy for the treatment of ED in men with no contraindications to their use. The medications are, sildenafil (Viagra), vardenafil (Levitra) and tadalafil (Cialis).

IF ABOVE FAILS or CAN'T BE USED;

2) The second step;

a) intraurethral suppositories,

b) the vacuum device, and

c) intracavernous injection.

IF THIS IS NOT AN OPTION OR FAILS

3) Third step; Placement of a penile prosthesis is the primary therapeutic option for individuals who have failed or cannot tolerate prior therapies. This is a surgical option. There are two and three-piece inflatable prostheses.

4) Combination therapies;

a) Sildenafil Plus Intraurethral Prostaglandin E1

b) Oral PDE-5 Inhibitors Plus Intracavernous Injection of Prostaglandin E1

c) Sildenafil Combined with an Oral Alpha-Antagonist

d) Intracavernous Prostaglandin E1 Combined with Oral Alpha-Antagonist

e) Vacuum device and intracavernous injection therapy

f) Testosterone Plus Sildenafil

So out of these, certainly some will help you.

Please feel free for your follow up questions.

I would be happy to assist you further, if you need any more information.

We have recently implemented a new rating and feedback system. Please be aware that you are rating my courtesy and service as a professional. If you have any questions whatsoever, or there is anything I can clarify for you, please temporarily bypass the rating system by clicking “Continue the Conversation” or "Reply."

Clicking either of the lowest two options reflects poorly on me so please reply to me if there is anything else I can do to help before choosing those options. I appreciate your patience while we work out the kinks. It's important to me that you are 100% satisfied with the service I have provided you. Thank you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I guess I am really looking for a natural approach to ED. I am not interested in any drugs or devices. I am looking for natural products to do the job. Maybe there is just not a common sense natural approach at the present time for this condition? :- ) Tom.

Hello Tom,

The natural remedies like DHEA, Yohimbine, etc may help in some individuals as we discussed. Please read this mayoclinic article on it;

http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/erectile-dysfunction-herbs/MC00064

It is privilege assisting you.

Dr. Arun
Dr. Arun Phophalia, Doctor (MD)
Experience: MBBS, MS (General Surgery), Fellowship in Sports Medicine
Sir,

As you asked, I mentioned the name of natural remedies; DHEA, Horny goat weed, Folic acid and vitamin E, Ginseng, ginkgo biloba, Yohimbine.

You may try them, which may help you.

You have rated my answer as bad service. Your rating stays on the web site and affect the standing. Please let me know if you have any unanswered queries. I would be more than glad to answer your further questions. Your complete satisfaction is our motto.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I would rate your service as GOOD.I had failed to take your additional info. into consideration when i rated your service the first time. Thank you for doing your best to deal with a difficult question and issue! Tom.

I appreciate it, Tom.

Thank you so much.

Best regards