Vakul Aren
Vakul Aren, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS,DTM&H( Univ of Liverpool),34yrs experience in practice

I have a raised silver dollar sized rash on the back of my

I have a raised silver dollar sized rash on the back of my upper thigh appearing this morning with a pustule in the center that appears to surrounded by small blisters. Used Neosporin For Pain, helped with discomfort but does not appear improved. I can only see this with pics on the phone. Can provide pics. Taking tizinidine for muscle spasms - degenerative discs, doxy and steroid drops post op PTK for RCE, and PRN (twice this week) imitrex and hydrocodone for cluster migraines - benign meningioma and I really don't want to see yet another doctor this week unless it really is something to be concerned about. :-). I think I'm most concerned about the possibility of impetigo and transferring that via my eye drops. 

This appears to be a acute bacterial infection/impetigo with with localised cellulitis. It may be secondary to Staph or Strep infections.It would be prudent to see your doctor/PCP as this will not subside with Neosporin,you need to take appropriate oral antibiotics and analgesics like ibubrufen for about a 7-10 days for this.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

you told me it was impetigo so i treated it with betadine. if you had given me a correct diagnosis , it was herpes, i would have treated it with acyclovir and it would alteady be healed and i wouldnt have incurred additional expenses and suffered an additional week. stop spamming. my email why would i give you more money?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

you told me it was impetigo and i yreated ot with betadine. had you correctly diagnosed it as herpes i would have used acyclovir and svoided additional expense and suffering. stop spamming my inbox. why would i use you again or give you more money? plus this is the most difficult website i've tried to use in the last ten years.

It is extremely difficult for a precise diagnosis to be made over the net as exact details are not transmitted.The photograph provided showed a central lesion with surrounding cellulitis and small blisters which are highly suggestive of bacterial infection.It was suggested that you consult your PCP/doctor for management of the problem.The bacterial infection could be secondary to a herpetic lesion.