Nurse Milli, RN
Nurse Milli, RN, Nurse (RN)
Experience:  20 years experience in many areas of Nursing. Both Hospital and Private Practice experience.
7152018

I had intercourse with my bf (who doesnt have HIV, AIDS, STDs

I had intercourse with my bf (who doesn't have HIV, AIDS, STDs or any other disease) earlier this morning but neither of us were sure if his tip had entered me or not because his athletic shorts band was slipping. Shortly after, I used a tampon in case any of his semen had entered me. Does the tampon help prevent pregnancy at this point?
Hi there and thank you for the question. I am a Registered Nurse and will be happy to help you today.

No, the tampon won't protect at all against pregnancy. The sperm swim upwards towards the cervix and the tampon can't absorb all the sperm as they are microscopic and there are literally thousands of them. The fluid they swim in doesn't even have to be present for them to reach the cervix either. If you are not wanting to be pregnant, you might contact your OB/GYN for the plan B tablet or for possible blood pregnancy tests to confirm if either you are or are NOT pregnant in the next couple of weeks. I wish I had better news for you, but the tampon won't help.

Reply back if more info is needed.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

When and where can I access the plan B tablet or where can I go to receive a blood pregnancy test? Who do I contact?

You can contact your local health department for the tablet or the blood tests or if you have a personal OB/GYN you can get everything you need from there.