Nurse Milli, RN
Nurse Milli, RN, Nurse (RN)
Experience:  20 years experience in many areas of Nursing. Both Hospital and Private Practice experience.

my fore head is swollen what can i do? it has been coming on

my fore head is swollen what can i do? it has been coming on and off for the past three months the only observation i was able to make i get this swollen forehead each time i eat bread or plantain i might be wrong but thats what i observed
Hi there and thank you for the question. I am a Registered Nurse and will be happy to help you today.

This could be an allergic reaction that you are observing. I would highly recommend that you stay away from those food items and also keep a food journal of other foods that you eat that cause this. If it is currently swollen, you may need to have your DR take a look at it since it could be related to food allergies and also have them look at the rest of your head/face as this area tends to swell in response to allergic reactions. Taking Benadryl will also help. If you notice yourself getting short of breath or the tongue swells, you'll need immediate attention. But in the meantime, write down everything else that you notice that makes you swell and let your Dr know. He/She may wish for you to do some allergy testing.

Reply back if you need more information or further details.