Dr. Josh
Dr. Josh, Doctor
Experience:  Practicing Physician, Family Physician for 7 years

on my right hand there is a bump just after my first finger

on my right hand there is a bump just after my first finger connects with my palm feels like a bone but i can still move my finger what could this be?
Welcome to Justanswer website.
Myself Dr Josh and I’m happy to help with your question today. Please provide me the following information so that I can address your concern appropriately.

Is it painful to touch?
Has bump continuously increased in size?
Do you see associated redness ?
For how long you have this bump?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

yes painful to the touch the bump is not increasing in size no redness have had the bump about six months now but can still use my hand without pain as long as i dont put too much weight on it or direct pressure to the bump area and cant associate it with any trauma to my hand

Christina, Thanks for quick input. I am sorry to hear about your problems.
This seems likely to be a ganglion cyst that is common in this area of the hand. Ganglion cyst are noncancerous and fluid-filled lumps.The exact cause is unknown.

First of all you need to use wrist brace or splint to immobilize the area. This will help to release the pressure on your nerves.
The only way to treat such cyst is-
Aspiration Or surgical removal. The surgery will not effect your performance of the hand.
Aspiration procedure can be done in your doctor's office. Here doctor need to puncture the cyst with a needle and then removes the fluid from the base of the cyst with a syringe.
Studies have shown up to 74% of people are cured after having the fluid drawn out with a needle 1 time.

So, I suggest that you should see your physician for clinical examination and get it managed.

If there’s more I can do, please use the reply tab and let me know how I can be of further assistance.
It’s my goal to provide you with excellent service. Please rate me highly and provide me with feedback. Leaving a Bonus will be highly appreciated.