Dr. Josh
Dr. Josh, Doctor
Experience:  Practicing Physician, Family Physician for 7 years
6740150

What is rheumatoid factor mine is high

What is rheumatoid factor mine is high
Welcome to Justanswer website.
Myself Dr Josh and I’m happy to help with your question today. Please provide me the following information so that I can address your concern appropriately.

What was reading of Rheumatoid factor (RF)and what was the normal reference range ?
May i know your symptoms ?
Are you diagnosed with medical condition?

Thanks
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

my finger swell my left wrest hurt sum times my right nee hurts my eyes intch sum times my lower back hurts

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

i thank it could be ra

Sorry for the delay in answering. I was on another question. I apologize for your wait.

Rheumatoid factor is an antibody which can bind to other antibodies. Antibodies are normal proteins found in the blood which function within the immune system. Rheumatoid factor though is not normally found in the general population.

The normal range for rheumatoid factor should be in between
40-60 IU/ml. However slight variation in this range may occur from lab to lab. Also, a higher level of rheumatoid factor in your blood is closely associated with autoimmune disease, particularly rheumatoid arthritis.

Kindly go through this link-
http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/rheumatoid-factor/MY00241

You should also get erythrocyte sedimentation rate test
(a blood test that,in most patients with RA, confirms the amount of inflammation in the joints).
Yes, your symptoms are indicative of RA.

Rheumatoid Arthritis is an autoimmune disease that causes inflammation of the joints.Its cause is unknown.It is suspected that certain infections or factors in the environment might trigger the immune system to attack the body's own tissues.

Two classes of medications are used in treating rheumatoid arthritis: fast-acting "first-line drugs" and slow-acting "second-line drugs" (also referred to as disease-modifying antirheumatic drugs or DMARDs). These DMARD's drugs can slow the progression of rheumatoid arthritis and save the joints and other tissues from permanent damage.

Please consult Rheumatologist for clinical checkup and get appropriate management.

If there’s more I can do, please use the reply tab and let me know how I can be of further assistance.
It’s my goal to provide you with excellent service. Please rate me highly and provide me with feedback. Leaving a Bonus will be highly appreciated.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

are the med salf to take

Thanks for asking follow up question.

DMARDs (disease-modifying anti rheumatic drugs) not only treat arthritis symptoms, but they also can slow down progressive joint destruction. Common drugs used are-

-Hydroxychloroquine (Plaquenil)
-Leflunomide (Arava)
-Cyclosporine (Neoral)
-Sulfasalzine (Azulfidine)

It can cause few common side effects like-
stomach and intestinal side effects, but usually effects are not serious. It should be monitored under your doctor's guidance.
Please consult your doctor for clinical checkup and get appropriate management.