Nurse Milli, RN
Nurse Milli, RN, Nurse (RN)
Experience:  20 years experience in many areas of Nursing. Both Hospital and Private Practice experience.

I drink 4/5 glasses of wine, each night. I have been recently

I drink 4/5 glasses of wine, each night. I have been recently diagnosed with osteo arthritis of the knee. My doctor prescribed Buprofen 800mg . Can I take it, if I have no wine?
Hi there and thank you for the question. I am a Registered Nurse and will be happy to help you today.

It is not advisable to take the Ibuprofen with alcohol. Alcohol will increase the risk of GI bleeding and with drinking 4-5 glasses, it could significantly increase the chances of bleeding.

Reply back if I can help you further.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I don't intend to drink when taking, the medication. Will prvious history impact on taking the drug today?

No, it should not. You should be okay with taking the Ibuprofen as is.