Dr. Josh
Dr. Josh, Doctor
Experience:  Practicing Physician, Family Physician for 7 years
6740150

I have 2 swollen lpyes on my neck and kinda a stiff neck and

I have 2 swollen lpyes on my neck and kinda a stiff neck and headache. I have been tested for mono came back negative. Tired of feeling sick
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Josh replied 1 year ago.
Welcome to Justanswer website.
Myself Dr Josh and I’m happy to help with your question today. Please provide me the following information so that I can address your concern appropriately.

Do you have swollen lymph nodes on sides of neck?
Since how long you have stiff neck and headache?
Do you have fever?
Do you have cough or upper respiratory tract infection?
Are you on any medications?
Any previous medical issue?

Thanks

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Only on the right side of neck. I don't think so. I have no cough. I have gone to the hospital in the past with my upper right side hurting. I have had appentix out and my gall bladder checked and that was fine. I get tired a lot. Thats why I was test for mono. I went off my birth control just to see what would happen. Im not taking any medication. Would blood work detect mengitius?

Expert:  Dr. Josh replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for quick input. I am sorry to hear about your problems.

The common symptoms associated with meningitis are-
Severe headache, Stiff neck, Lack of interest in drinking and eating, Vomiting or nausea with headache, High fever.
Meningitis usually results from a viral infection.
To make a diagnose, Blood culture test, Spinal tap (lumbar puncture) should be done. Meningitis is diagnosed through spinal tap test.

Acute bacterial meningitis requires prompt treatment with intravenous antibiotics.
Meningitis symptoms are usually severe, and have to be treated urgently. If you have such symptoms, from few weeks then it is not related with meningitis.

Thyroid hormone disorder, may also cause such symptoms, You should get thyroid function blood test done.
A common cause of neck stiffness is muscle strain or tension.
A poor posture while watching TV or reading ,sleeping in an uncomfortable position, or twisting and turning the neck will cause neck stiffness.

It can also be due to Anemia, Low metabolism rate,Thyroid hormone imbalance. Depression and stress issue can lead to fatigue and loss of energy.You should get engaged in aerobic exercise and stress-management techniques like deep breathing and yoga. take healthy and well balanced diet.
Along with testing, a visit to Counselor is necessary. Session from counselor will be beneficial.

Please consult your doctor for clinical checkup and get appropriate management.

If you have any further query then please feel free to ask.
Please remember to rate my service once you have all the information you need. If you have any other questions, please ask me –
I’ll be happy to respond. Thank you!

Best wishes and Happy new year!!!

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

but my swollon lymps have not gone away. Is there something over the counter I can do? Perisitis do doctors check for that or is that a natural path doctor? Thank you

Expert:  Dr. Josh replied 1 year ago.
Lymph node enlargement commonly results from infection / immune response or chronic inflammatory conditions.
A clinical evaluation and blood tests are necessary for diagnosis.
You doctor can advice blood test and lymph node biopsy to make a diagnose.

You can take OTC Tylenol and take adequate rest. You should keep yourself hydrated and take plenty of fluids. Take healthy and well balanced diet. Yoga and meditation will be helpful. You can take a multivitamin regularly and keep yourself involved in work.

I’ll be happy to respond. Thank you!

Dr. Josh, Doctor
Experience: Practicing Physician, Family Physician for 7 years