Dr. Sohaib
Dr. Sohaib, Doctor
Experience:  M.B;B.S ; FCPS Experienced in all Medical Specialties

i have white sores in my nose, its white and looks like a blister,

i have white sores in my nose, its white and looks like a blister, what is it?
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Sohaib replied 1 year ago.

Hello.
Welcome to Just Answer and thank you for the question.

I am Dr. Sohaib, a Medical Internist (who deals with diseases of all the organ systems of body) and i will do my best to find an answer for you.

You need to answer a few questions first which will help me assist you in a better way.

Since how long do you have this problem?

Is it painful? If yes how severe is the pain on a scale of 1 to 10?

Any discharge?

What treatment have you taken until now?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

the problem started about three weeks ago in the one side, then i got a bigger one on the otherside, it is deep inside my nose.

sometimes my nose is sore on the outside in that area, but inside it is sore, about 5 on the scale.

no dischagre, except when the loose white skin comes off, but still the sore remains.

no treatments as yet

Expert:  Dr. Sohaib replied 1 year ago.

Thank you very much.

The most common cause for this kind of swelling which gives you pain and soreness is a BOIL.

It is a staphylococcal infection involving the hair follicles with in the nose.

Some times this settle down by itself, but most of the times especially when it is large (like you mentioned) and old (as in your case), a course of antibiotics and anti-inflammatory medications is required.

Other less common causes for this include a cyst, or a tumor.

You should have this evaluated ASAP by your doctor in terms of a comprehensive clinical examination which will direct a specific and targeted management plan.

Keep your nose clean.

Avoid any manipulation of the swelling with your fingers.

Take Motrin or Aleve (available over the counter) for reducing pain and inflammation.

And proceed further for a detailed assessment by your doctor.

I would have been worried too if i were at your place but let me reassure you that this is a treatable condition and carry a good prognosis with appropriate management.

Stay relaxed.

Wish you good luck.

Kindest Regards.

It was a pleasure assisting you and i hope my answer was helpful. I will

appreciate 4/5 Star Rating (Good/Excellent Service) & a Bonus as this is the

only way i get credit for my time & expertise. Do not hesitate to ask any follow up

questions or clarifications any time.

Dr. Sohaib, Doctor
Experience: M.B;B.S ; FCPS Experienced in all Medical Specialties