Family Physician, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  Emergency Medicine and Family Practice for over 26 years
1304720

I got blurred vision all of a sudden followed by 3 day headache.

Customer Question

I got blurred vision all of a sudden followed by 3 day headache. I was feeling better until the middle of the night kast night I woke up short of breath and headache as sell as body shivers. I stilm feel bad today, like my nervous system is out of wack.
Category: Health
Expert:  Family Physician replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question:

Did you see a physician about this?

How long was your vision blurry?

Have you ever had this before?

Do you still have the headache?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I went to an eye doc immediately and he called it a vascular migrane. We are on vaca so I have not seen a doctor otherwise. The vision was blurry I the periphery for about 25 min.
No this is first time I have ever had anything like this. I am a fit and healthy woman.
The headache returned last night but mild. I feel more shortness of breath and ear ringing and just off kiltet today
Thank you:

I'm glad to hear that you did seek medical treatment at the onset of these symptoms. Based on your initial question, the first thing that came to my mind was migraine headache, so I am not surprised that this was also the impression of the doctor.

Migraines can also cause vertigo (spinning/dizzy sensation) - so this could be related to your other symptoms.

The fact that you have shortness of breath however is NOT typical of migraine. With these multiple symptoms, I would urge you to seek medical treatment ASAP; at a primary care physician, urgent care clinic or emergency department.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
We are in Az on vaca. We have travelled to and from 7500 ft in the last few days as well as slept in multple hotels and camping. I believe the initial attack had to do with dehydration and too many margaritas the night before. Today, I feel shortness of breath and just a dulk headache but no blurry vision. Do you think I would be ok to see how I feel tomorrow or go today?
This could also represent altitude sickness.

Shortness of breath with exposure to high altitude can be a serious symptom. With this additional information - I would strongly urge an emergency room visit.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
We are no longer at altitude and have been inPhoenix and Tucson for the last 3 days.
That would greatly reduce the probability of altitude sickness as the cause. I am however still concerned about the shortness of breath and shivers. This might suggest an infection of some sort.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
What kind of infection? I have had a cold with muscas and cough since weve been here. Do you still suggest a hospital visit or rest and water and wait it out a day?
Pneunonia or bronchitis would be the first things that come to mind with the shortness of breath.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Cough is almost gone.....
You can have pneumonia without a significant cough.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
What are other symptoms and are antibiotics required for improved health??
Without a physical examination and possibly some test (such as a chest X-ray), it is impossible to determine the cause of these symptoms. If you do have a pneumonia, an antibiotic would likely be needed.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
What about taking tylenol?
Tylenol could help with pain and any fever, however it does nothing for any underlying infection.