Nurse Milli, RN
Nurse Milli, RN, Nurse (RN)
Experience:  20 years experience in many areas of Nursing. Both Hospital and Private Practice experience.
7152018

Let me know when available again

Let me know when available again
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Arun Phophalia replied 1 year ago.
Hello and welcome,

I am sorry for your wait.

Please let me know, if you have any questions.

Dr. Arun
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hello was waiting for nurse milli
If you have any questions at this point of time, I would be glad to answer. Otherwise I would opt out.

Thank you.

Wishing you a very happy, healthy and prosperous new year.
Expert:  Nurse Milli, RN replied 1 year ago.
Hi there. How are you this morning? Any new developments with the rash?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
May not be able to keep up the messaging due to cost unfortunately, bad because I think it helps somewhat.
I am really really anxious, have had a couple panic attacks past two days.
Saw my dermatologist yesterday, she didn't know what it was, definitely not shingles. I showed here the pictures I took of it last week, and told her doctor ordered Igm and Igg. She said couldn't say with certainty was not herpes. She said would have to see if it comes back in same place. That didnt help me at all.
Blood tests are not back.
I guess what really has me upset is that I was going into doctors office every few days during first two weeks when I saw something. Right toward the end of the 14 days from incident I noticed this thing on my upper left buttock. I am so worried that I saw it within that window,

My GP saw me yesterday, said not shingles. We asked about risk levels. I mentioned I read this type of incident was low risk. That hand transmission was uncommon, Mentioned it to dermatologist as well, she said it could happen ( that also made me panicky). He said it is uncommon but since most transmission is from sexual contact which during the process also involves the hands it's probably hard to ever get a discrete sample size of situations were its just hands via massage and masturbation,

I am so scared I can't even tell you. I am a nervous wreck and having a real hard time coping.
Well, let's be thankful for a few things here. #1 - it's not shingles. Shingles is terribly painful and believe me, that is miserable. Ok, #2 - we're not 100% sure that it's herpes...so there's a chance that it is not. I would say a greater chance that it is not, rather than it is. Like your Dermatologist told you, the chances are extremely low.

Let me ask you this, (putting some logic to it here) why would the herpes area only show up on your buttock? If her hands were all over your body while giving you the massage, wouldn't the chances be higher for the herpes to be on your penis since her hands were there too? I guess I'm just asking this because all of the places her hands were, it just seems odd that if the remote chance there was any transmission, she would have needed to have touched her genitalia (which would have to be infected with herpes) then immediately touched you. Now, if she had touched her genitalia, let's say....during a breakout and then immediately touched your penis, then transmission would be more likely to occur. But did she even touch her genitalia at all then touch you?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I thought about that. She stepped in and out a few times but I find it strange she would touch herself then come back, think she was getting hot stones and towels and such. She did have her hands on butt a bit and since that is an area of concern I am still really worried for that reason. Thank you by the way for listening to all this and helping. Not prying but are you the milli in NJ?Not sure how to cope with this.

I see. Well, again, very very unlikely. No, I am not from the NJ area. I am based in the Southeast. It's going to be best to wait for the results of the labs that your Dr took and see what it says - when did he say the results would be back anyway? Usually only takes a few days.

Other than waiting (which is not really considered coping), maybe you can find a way to distract yourself in the few more days that you are waiting. I'd hate to see you go on any type of sedative-type medication and be told in a few days that it is not herpes...you'd been on medication for nothing but if you are that worried and consumed, possibly your Dr can give you something in the meantime.

A lot of people cope by doing what you are doing (by reaching out to others), talking to a friend, staying busy with activities outside the home (sports, going out with a friend, etc) or any other hobby that you like. There may also be an online support group for anxiety that you can look into...possible a chat type forum where you can anonymously talk to others about your anxiety and get some feedback there.

I do think you'll get your answer from your Dr very soon and things will turn out ok. Just try to stay calm and possibly even call your Dr today and ask when the results will be in.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you. We have chatted a fair amount and I have provided a fair amount of content.
I your years of experience what's your take on all this?
We have chatted a bit about it, yes. I think it's possibly a fungal infection maybe but I just don't see how it can be herpes from the situation as you have described it. Not UNLESS she has directly touched her genitals and she was infected then directly touched your buttock. Ok, even then, the chances would not be 100%. So, given everything I know, I just don't see it being herpes at all. I hope you get your results back and find out the same thing. Do me a favor and drop me a line when you do find out. We don't have to do a Q & A about it, just address your question to me and just say, hey, the results were negative, etc...and I'll reply with an information request that way you won't have anything to accept (won't cost anything)...unless you do want to talk about it or have more questions. It's up to you.

But again, given the situation described, I just don't see it being herpes. I've never felt like it was.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you so much, doctor said maybe results in tomorrow. I have strange aches down there and tingles on butt, hope and pray just phycosomatic. . Deep breaths.
Please try to not panic. When your results come in, just drop me a line and let me know what you find out.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I feel tenderness in my pelvic area ( left side) when I put pressure on it . It's been 21 days since incident
Do you think sufficient time has assed ( after 14 days) to be unrelated?
I don't think anything in your left side would be related to your massage unless its muscular in nature and if that's the case, you would have already had pain from that already.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
What do you mean muscular?, muscular from the massage itself or post swelling due to viral infection ?
In either case at day 21 should be post period of concern?
Muscular from the massage itself.
Nurse Milli, RN, Nurse (RN)
Experience: 20 years experience in many areas of Nursing. Both Hospital and Private Practice experience.