Dr. Arun Phophalia, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  MBBS, MS (General Surgery), Fellowship in Sports Medicine
5625079

lump above penis the decreases in size after urination

Greetings.

Is the lump situated on the lower part of the abdomen which is connected to the penis?
Do you have any urinary symptoms?
Since when is the lump?
How big is the lump?

Dr. Arun
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Yes noticed it a week ago. it seemed to go away then today I noticed it again. It is about 1.5 inches above the base of the penis @ 10:30 and is fairly soft. It becomes hard when I have to go to the bathroom a little. at times it is maybe 3/4 of an inch. after I unrinate it is a flat shaped lump about 1/4 of and inch thick and 1 inch in diameter

Following are the possibility of the diagnosis;

1) Bladder diverticulum; this is a blind pouch from the bladder.
2) Divarication of the muscle.
3) A lipoma (a fat lump).

An ultrasound or a CT scan would diagnose the issue. This is unlikely to be anything worrisome.

Please feel free for your follow up questions.

I would be happy to assist you further, if you need any more information.

We have recently implemented a new rating and feedback system. Please be aware that you are rating my courtesy and service as a professional. If you have any questions whatsoever, or there is anything I can clarify for you, please temporarily bypass the rating system by clicking “Continue the Conversation” or "Reply."

Clicking either of the lowest two options reflects poorly on me so please reply to me if there is anything else I can do to help before choosing those options. I appreciate your patience while we work out the kinks. It's important to me that you are 100% satisfied with the service I have provided you. Thank you.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I am on vacaction until Saturday and the flying home. Is there anything I should watch out for ?

This is unlikely to cause any worrisome symptoms or complications. If there is any pain, urinary symptoms or bloating, you may consider a check up by a doctor.

It is privilege assisting you.

Dr. Arun
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Should this go away normally or should I see a doctor when I get back ?

A spontaneous resolution may occur but if it persists for next week or two, consulting a doctor would be recommended.