Dr. Josh
Dr. Josh, Doctor
Experience:  Practicing Physician, Family Physician for 7 years
6740150

RA-RP

Customer Question

will valerian root cause a flase positive drug test, i'm in the military
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Josh replied 3 years ago.
Welcome to Justanswer website.
Myself Dr Josh and I’m happy to help with your question today. Please provide me the following information so that I can address your concern appropriately.

Ideally, Valerian root is typically not included in drug tests because it is legal and generally not a substance that is abused.
Valerian root is an herbal supplement often referred to as
"herbal Valium"

In studies,Valerian root has been shown to give a false positive for benzodiazepines.
However, any false positive would be sent for GC/MS
(gas chromatography - mass spectrometry) confirmation, which would clear you of the false positive.

So, even though you may be tested as false positive for benzodiazepines, but with further testing for GC/MS you will get clear.

If you have any further query then please feel free to ask.
Please remember to rate my service once you have all the information you need. If you have any other questions, please ask me –
I’ll be happy to respond. Thank you!

Best wishes

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

thanks, XXXXX XXXXX now just an offhand question...do you see the government dictating/directing healthcare in the near future, i.e. not providing current level of end of life care etc...? has the government in anyway negatively impacted the way you practice medicine? i'm honestly a concerned citizen and want a real doctor's opinion on this.

Expert:  Dr. Josh replied 3 years ago.
Rick, I am sorry i am opting out of this question, and sending to other expert for answer.
Thank you.