Chris C.
Chris C., Nurse
Experience:  Nurse with with 10+ yrs. in wellness care, geriatrics, hospice and acute care.

wondering about getting a mic key button for myself

I am wondering about getting a mic key button for myself. I have done the research about the facts. What can I do to get me one and how much will it cost?

You will need a referral from your regular doctor to a local gastroenterologist who will discuss this option and determine if he/she thinks it is the best option for you. The cost will vary greatly depending on what type of insurance you have if any, etc. The following link has lots of great details on the device as well as possibly insurance options that will reduce the amount.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

the doctor will say i am healthy enough. What does healthy enough mean?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Also I do not have any insurance. I have just recently got off my parents insurance.

How old and how tall are you?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I am 5 ft 1 in. and i am 20 years old.

You have a BMI of 26. A woman of your height should weigh between 101 and 127 pounds to maintain a normal BMI. Your weight of 135lb (from your other question) puts you well within the "normal" weight range. Mic-Key devices are normally only used in infants and rarely otherwise. If you could get a doctor to do the procedure this would be quite expensive with no insurance. Why can you not simply consume food normally?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I have not been hungry and when i do try to eat i start coughing. Also when i eat i feel like i want to be sick.

When did this all start? Did you always have a stable weight up until recently? Do you take any legal or illicit medications?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I am not on any drugs or do any illegal. This has been going on for about a month now but my weight fluctuated over about 6 years.

What has your weight fluctuated between? Have you had any life changes lately?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Not any serious life changes. My weight been between 110 to (what is now) around 135 lbs but it has got up to 140. It has been all over the place.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I was at 110 during my middle school day.
Are you pregnant?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
There is no way that I am.