Dr. Natasha
Dr. Natasha, Doctor
Experience:  American Board Certified in Emergency Medicine and Ivy League trained
16455829

20 years old have not been eating well not at all

i am 20 years old. I have not been eating well at all realy not at all i have been just drinking either juice or water. this has been going on for about a month now. what would you consider doing? I have also been tired alot. my family is concerned about me. I use to weight 145 now i think i am around 135. My clothes are getting to big for me and I liked my weight that i was at.

Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Natasha replied 1 year ago.
Hello
Why have you not been eating well? Any stress? Any other medical problems or medications?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I just have not been hungry and there is no stress at all and i am not any medications. Also i do not have any medical problems expect for small amount of curving of the spine and burtis. When I try to eat it feels like I want to be sick.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

if it helps any you can see some of my ribs. what would you consider?

Sorry for the delayed reply
There are many reasons for not having an appetite and for losing weight
1. Endocrinological- thyroid problems, diabetes
2. Infection- HIV, TB, etc.
3. Stress, eating disorder, etc
4. malignancy- leukemia, lymphoma,

Since you are losing so much weight and clearly you want to gain weight, I would recommend that you make an appointment with your internal medicine physician. You need to have some basic labs done, including thyroid function, HIV test. this will rule out many of your issues. I personally think that this may be stress related, based on what you are stating, but I would get the labs done nonetheless.

Keep me posted..

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I am not sexual active. I know that I am not stressed out. I just been either sleeping or just been painting which is relaxing and i highly doubt that i have leukemia or lymphoma. Also I watch what I eat due to my grandfather has diabetes.

then you should get tested for thyroid disease-
there is something affecting your appetite and it is not safe to continue to lose weight.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

what are the symtoms of the diease?

weight loss, sometimes feeling too hot, fatigue, palpitations.
You may have some or all of these symptoms.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

i just have the weight loss and the fatigue. I dont know if this is anything, but everynow and then I would get these dizzy spell ( it feels like my brain is going around in circles, but I am not). is this just low nutrition?

it is likely from the weight loss and poor nutrition. Please get the labs done..
Dr. Natasha, Doctor
Experience: American Board Certified in Emergency Medicine and Ivy League trained
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Alright thank you. I will get them done as soon as i can have the money for it.

you are welcome.
did I provide you with excellent service?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

you got me in the direction i have been looking for answers that no other doctor would point me to

Good luck.
Did I provide you with excellent service?