Dr. Brims
Dr. Brims, U.S. Licensed Physician
Experience:  U.S. Licensed Physician, general surgery and internal medicine experience
14307416

i have been treated for depression and panic attacks for past

i have been treated for depression and panic attacks for past 2 yrs, since october 2010. i presented severely depressed, often w panic attacks, but constantly dizzy which seamed to work for a while with Lorezapam.

first episode i had was in november 2011, second one in february 2012 for which i was given mild sedatives. Third one was in April 2012, when i ended up in ER. i have passed out several times at home and went to ER to get myself checked out. they ran EKG for heart, all normal, they took blood, all normal, but i even passed out in the ER and i was in and out of concece for those 5 hrs i was in ER and barelly remember anything. it seams that my symptoms were related to stress and i start feeling dizzy, light headed, severelly limited ability to move, zero coordination (i have to hold my hand agains the wall for support). my shink has increased the dosage of Lorezapam, but it doesnt seam to work anymore. Lorezapam itself makes me very sleepy, but my symptoms and severety keep increasing.

i dont know how to help myself anymore. my shink just wants my high on drugs (she has changed at least 10 different medication on me), and aftter 2 yrs of treatment and billion pills, i am getting worst.

what can i do? can someone offer me some solutions or advices

thank you

Dr Brims :

Hello, welcome to Justanswer, I will try to assist you with your medical question, and any medical information you seek

Dr Brims :

Have you tried any other antianxiety medication other than Lorazepam?

Customer:

no, Lorezamap seamed to work fine for me at the begining

Customer:

but it seams to me that as time progressed, my reactions are getting more intensified

Customer:

i noticed that it happens when i get upset, angry or stressed

Customer:

and it starts feeling lightheaded, dizzy, then cold, and if its really bad episode, whole body shivers

Customer:

only thing i can do is to lay down and get warm

Customer:

and sleep it off for some 6-7 hrs

Customer:

when i was in hispital in april, they ran the blood work and checked heart, they didnt see any other causes

Dr Brims :

Have you tried sertraline or buspar?

Customer:

yes, setraline didnt work for me

Customer:

i am taking abilify at the moment

Dr Brims :

Have you tried buspar?

Customer:

that i have not

Dr Brims :

Okay, that is a drug that is used specifically to treat anxiety, I suggest you ask your doctor to try it

Customer:

problem is that my recovery time from my "episode" takes several days to recover from, usually 2-3. and in that time i am bedbound

Customer:

i have injured myself at the corner of the wall, hit it accidently w my hand, all the way down to blood

Customer:

i get very confused, i am having hard time speaking

Dr Brims :

How did you injure yourself and why are you bedbound?

Customer:

then i get dizzy to the point that i almost have limited controll

Customer:

stupid ceiling alarm went off, and i was waiving w kitchen cloth around it

Customer:

and i was so dizzy that i didnt realize that i will get hurt

Customer:

i hit my hand on the corner of two walls

Customer:

right on the edge

Customer:

but strong enough that it was bleeding

Dr Brims :

Okay, I am not sure what question you are asking in your last reply, please respond in the form of questions

Customer:

i am bed bound when it happens the whole rooms spins

Customer:

and i dont know if there can be any other medical reasons for it

Customer:

my disability company is forcing me to go to work

Customer:

can there be any medical reasons except it being related to panic attacks, that i can go get myself checked out at General doctor?

Dr Brims :

It could be due to anxiety, it could be due to a heart condition or it could be due to a brain abnormality, since your EKG was normal in the past I would recommend you have an MRI of your brain

Customer:

so i would need to go to general doctor to run blood work? or what would be best way to do it?

Dr Brims :

See your general physician for an examination and testing

Customer:

could i be having adverse affects from the lorezapam or abilify?

Dr Brims :

That is unlikely

Customer:

ok, i will go to general doctors office then

Customer:

thank you for the information

Dr Brims :

You're quite welcome

Dr Brims :

Please remember to click a rating button prior to exiting the chat session