Dr. Brims
Dr. Brims, U.S. Licensed Physician
Experience:  U.S. Licensed Physician, general surgery and internal medicine experience
14307416

Im sorry if you just saw and or answered this question but

I'm sorry if you just saw and or answered this question but I don't know how to see the answers to them once I have asked them..
Anyway, to boil this down.
I had sex, with a condom, about a year ago with a partner that I did not know.
I have shown no symptoms of anything and I had a blood sample taken when I got a new girlfriend to test for STD's.
A few days ago I had unprotected sex with my girlfriend, we had done this a couple of times before, the only difference this time is that I had not showered in a few days.
The next day she complained of vaginal discharge she described as yellow in color and smelling of chlorine.
We waited a couple of days and yesterday she complained of a large amount of discharge which smelled of vinegar.
About a week prior to these events she had switched birth control from the pill to a nuva ring.
She had developed a rash on her abdomen above the vagina shortly after switching.
What would you say this is? We are worried it might be trich.
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Brims replied 1 year ago.

Dr Brims :

Hello, welcome to Justanswer, I will try to assist you with your medical question, and any medical information you seek

Dr Brims :

Does she have any itching?

Customer:

no

Dr Brims :

Okay, do you have any symptoms?

Customer:

no I have shown no symptoms

Customer:

it doesn't hurt when I urinate or during sex

Dr Brims :

Okay, this may be trichomonas, or it may be candida or gardnerella, she would require a pelvic exam to determine the exact cause

Dr Brims :

Are you there?

Customer:

yes

Customer:

sorry

Dr Brims :

No problem

Customer:

I can show you a picture of the discharge...

Dr Brims :

Okay

Customer:

it will take me a couple of minutes because I have to get it off my phone sorry

Dr Brims :

ok

Customer:

Full Size Image

Customer:

okay apparently there was a lot more than that

Customer:

sorry that took so long

Dr Brims :

This looks like candida

Customer:

I'm sorry I don't know what that is..

Dr Brims :

That is a yeast infection, common in females

Customer:

Oh I was just reading about it and it sounds serious

Customer:

How do you treat it?

Dr Brims :

It is treated with diflucan, or monistat, which can be obtained at any pharmacy

Customer:

Oh sorry, I didn't read enough, so you think it looks like a simple yeast infection?

Customer:

Thank you doctor!

Customer:

That eases my mind so much!

Dr Brims :

You're quite welcome

Customer:

If I could shake your hand right now I definitely would!

Customer:

I have one more question

Dr Brims :

Please remember to click a rating button prior to exiting the chat session

Dr Brims :

ok

Dr Brims :

Feel free to ask

Customer:

It describes moodiness and odd sleeping patterns in one of the articles I was just reading, she has both of those symptoms and has for a while can you have an infection and have no visible symptoms? We attributed it to the birth control pill

Dr Brims :

It could be an infection but I think it is from yeast (candida)

Customer:

Alright, that makes sense.

Customer:

Thank you again.

Customer:

Have a good day sir.

Dr Brims :

You're welcome

Dr. Brims, U.S. Licensed Physician
Experience: U.S. Licensed Physician, general surgery and internal medicine experience