Dr. Cameron
Dr. Cameron, Doctor
Experience:  American Board Certified in Emergency Medicine and Ivy League trained
16455829

I have dandruff issues for as long as i can remember and I

I have dandruff issues for as long as i can remember and I have redness, hair loss and all the other symptoms that comes with it. It gets worse when I travel which I do all the time. I have tried different shampoo and different oil for scalp. Nothing worked.

I really dont want to shampoo my hair with chemical prescription stuff all the time.
Is there any alternatives that I can try?
What alternatives have you tried so far?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Aveda - scalp treatment shampoo..they used to have a serum that works amazing but they discontinued many years ago.

Silux shampoo from doctor that has ciclopirox Olamine in it. (this helps a little on some days)

Organic Hair growth treatments by Perth Key that use olive oil.

None of them really work. I do travel almsot every 10 days or more, and it can get worse when I travel tons, but I have this way before I started traveling.

And of course, I have thin hair too and its been scary for me to think about being bold.

Ada

Thanks Ada
It is possible that your problem with your scalp is not regular dandruff, but it may be psoriasis of the scalp. This is an autoimmune disease and it makes your skin highly sensitive to a variety of compounds.
And it may be why it is not getting better with conventional homeopathic means. That being said, psoriasis treatments may help regular dandruff too...

You may need to use tea tree oil and olive oil, goat milk shampoo.

Here is a useful link:
http://icarrie.hubpages.com/hub/Natural-Scalp-Psoriasis-Treatment-tea-tree-oil

These compounds are easy to get ahold of and the hubpages link is very informative.

Please let me know if you have further questions.