Nurse Milli, RN
Nurse Milli, RN, Nurse (RN)
Experience:  20 years experience in many areas of Nursing. Both Hospital and Private Practice experience.
7152018

I think I have an STD but Im not sure.. I have little bumps

I think I have an STD but I'm not sure.. I have little bumps down there that aren't going away.. They don't hurt or itch and it doesn't hurt when I use the bathroom or anything.. what could it be?

Hi there and thank you for the question. I am a Registered Nurse and will be happy to help you today. When you say 'down there' do you mean on the outside of the genitalia or inside where the vagina is located?

And have you been sexually active without protection (condoms)?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

On the outside of the genitalia, around the "lips" and anus area.

I'm assuming you have had some unprotected sex lately? If so, yes, these could be a STD. Genital warts can look like very small (tiny) flesh colored bumps and can be raised or flat. They often occur around the anal area as well as the outside or inside of the genitalia. Genital warts also sometimes do not cause any symptoms whatsoever. Most other STD's do. For example, genital herpes will itch and burn. Other STD' won't necessarily cause a rash but will have other symptoms like discharge, painful urination, etc. So, yes, I would have the DR take a look and treat you as soon as possible. HPV (if that is what you have) HPV (also known as genital warts), can put you at risk for cervical cancer. So, it's best to get treatment especially since you are so young.