Dr. R. Bora
Dr. R. Bora, Doctor
Experience:  14 years experience in the emergency room.
11246089

My wife lived with what was diagnosed as "Fibromyology" for

My wife lived with what was diagnosed as "Fibromyology" for 5 years from 2004-2008. We moved from living in the Denver area in early 2009 after I retired (my wife was 67) to our vacation home in Brunswick GA in SE Georgia close to the ocean. She felt better the six months we lived there as snow birds and when we went back to Denver, our primary residence, she didn't feel as well. So began our further quest to see what could be the causes of her loss of energy and feeling general body pain and being exhausted all the time.
In October a new Cardiologist identified two blockages in her heart heart artery about an inch and half apart. They installed an elongated stint and we moved full time to Brunswick in November that year. Within six weeks she was feeling normal again to the extent within months of doing and teaching aerobics at the YWCA for about six months and felt great. Then, she had a severe sinus nose bleed and after having a nose packing to prevent the nose bleed, it sort of knocked her back several notches to what she felt like previously, before the heart stint. We have recently been to a new pain specialist, a Rhuematoid Arthritis specialist, a spine specialist (she has significant back pain in mid-to-lower back). We are going back to see the spine doc to review an MRI and ex ray results of her head, spine and lower back this Friday. If this week doesn't produce any hopeful diagnosis and treatment plan, we don't know what to do next. We are considering going to the Mayo Clinic in Jacksonville. Can you help us?
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. R. Bora replied 1 year ago.
Hello and welcome, I am happy to help you today.

So, far has she been on cymbalta from 2004 till date?

Do her symptoms show improvement with cymbalta?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No she just started to take Cymbalta about 4 weeks ago and so far no effect.
I think she needs thorough evaluation at this point as her symptoms could be related to many things including physical illness as well as psychological issues like depression or anxiety.

My advice would be get a comprehensive blood test to evaluate various parameters and identify any problems that could be treated.

Similarly you should check her thyroid profile too.

Hormones like blood cortisol, adrenaline etc should also be checked as many a times, low levels of these hormones play a part in causing chronic fatigue.

I hope my answer has helped you.

Please remember to choose accept or to rate me excellent service ( 5 or 4 positive rating)to give credit for my answer and time.Bonuses are warmly appreciated.
Dr. R. Bora, Doctor
Experience: 14 years experience in the emergency room.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks and we will keep your comments alive on our journey! Thanks
Thanks Leon and all my best wishes to you both and a wonderful year ahead!
Dr. R. Bora, Doctor