Dr. P. Jyoti
Dr. P. Jyoti, Consultant MD
Experience:  17 yrs experience in treating OPD & Emergency patients.
11269312

Hi Im waiting to get into a specialist about my bowels the

Hi I'm waiting to get into a specialist about my bowels the Dr suspects I have ibs I am always in pain when needing to go to the toilet , I take gastro stop to ease the bad days as everything I eat goes threw me I have previously been tested for plolsistic ovaries but test came back with a shadow on the xray so they were sending me to get another test as I gel pregnant and never looked into again as period pains settled a little after my daughters birth she is 3 now . But I have recently had mucus in my stool for the last 2 weeks also bleading . It feels like I have worms . But tonight I went to the toilet to urine and as I wiped I found a slug like mucus clear with a blood line threw it witch is different from the other mucus I have experienced . I also have family history of Crones desese please help it doesn't feel like this is just from the irritable bowel

Dr. P. Jyoti :

I am Dr. P. Jyoti, MD. I promise to use my full experience and knowledge to provide answers specific to your question. Feel free to ask me anything.

Dr. P. Jyoti :

Hello would you like to chat on this?

Customer: Yes please
Dr. P. Jyoti :

have you had a colonoscopy?

Customer: I'm after advice.on my revere post
Customer: No I have to wait a week to get a booking at specialist as it's holiday season and they are.not open and then could.be on a long waiting list
Dr. P. Jyoti :

ok

Dr. P. Jyoti :

did you have blood in your stool?

Customer: Yes
Dr. P. Jyoti :

well then i would advise you to go to the ER

Dr. P. Jyoti :

any history of blood in the stool requires by protocol a visit to the ER

Customer: As in go to the hospital
Dr. P. Jyoti :

yes, thats right, go to the ER of a hospital

Dr. P. Jyoti :

your other symptoms do not require an ER visit and they would probably have made you wait a long time if they saw you at all

Dr. P. Jyoti :

but with blood in your stool, this is definitely a case for ER

Dr. P. Jyoti :

at the ER you can also have a colonoscopy, so it will happen much faster

Dr. P. Jyoti :

a number of things can cause such blood in the stool

Dr. P. Jyoti :

inflammatory bowel disorders such as Crohn;s, diverticulitis, polyps, torsion, etc

Dr. P. Jyoti :

ask about these conditions- note them down and ask at the ER

Dr. P. Jyoti :

this will help you get an informed discussion

Dr. P. Jyoti :

also ask about doing a colonoscopy

Dr. P. Jyoti :

IBS may cause the other symptoms that you have, but it wont cause blood in the stool

Dr. P. Jyoti :

so this is something other than IBS

Dr. P. Jyoti :

a visit to the ER is necessary for this

Dr. P. Jyoti :

take care - go to the ER and discuss as I have said - this will get you immediate attention

Dr. P. Jyoti :

Do ask if you have any more questions.

If my answer has helped you, please click on a happy face on the row of faces below to give me an 'excellent/good service' rating. It is only when you give a high rating that I get credited from the site for the time and care I have taken with your answer. Bonus and a good feedback is always welcome.

Customer: Ok thank you also have.I just subscribed to this or is it a one off payment
Dr. P. Jyoti :

i am not very sure about that

Customer: Have I subscribed to this or is it a one off payment
Dr. P. Jyoti :

but you need to give me a positive rating so that i can get credit from the site for the time and care i have taken with your answer

Dr. P. Jyoti :

you can clarify with the customer service about the subscription part

Customer: Have I subscribed to this or is it a one off payment
Dr. P. Jyoti :

that will be cleared up by the customer service, please write an email to them

Dr. P. Jyoti :

but either way, if my answer has helped you, you have to give a positive rating so that i get credit from the site. It is only when you give a positive rating that i get credit from the site, otherwise i do not get paid

Dr. P. Jyoti :

Rating system is the row of faces below - click on a happy face to give a good rating

Dr. P. Jyoti :

you need to give a rating whether you are subscribed or not

Customer: Is this a subscription
Dr. P. Jyoti :

hello, you can subscribe to this also or ask a one off question

Dr. P. Jyoti :

i am afraid i do not know whether you have subscribed or you are asking a one of question

Dr. P. Jyoti :

but either way, you need to give a positive rating to end this conversation

Dr. P. Jyoti :

you can clarify later from customer service whether you have subscribed or not and you can always make a subscription later on

Customer: That's it thank you
Dr. P. Jyoti :

glad to help

Dr. P. Jyoti :

thank you and a happy new year!!

Dr. P. Jyoti :

wish you good health and a quick recovery

Dr. P. Jyoti :

You now need to go to the ratings below and give a positive rating to end this conversation; bonus is always welcome

Thank you for your positive rating and accept.

I am very pleased that I was able to help you.

If you have any further questions, either on this issue or a different issue, I would be happy to help you. Just put 'For Dr. P. Jyoti only' at the beginning of your question so that I get to work with you again.

It was a great pleasure for me and JA to be able to help you.

Thank you,
Dr. P. Jyoti, MD.