Dr. P. Jyoti
Dr. P. Jyoti, Consultant MD
Experience:  17 yrs experience in treating OPD & Emergency patients.

My left leg has been numb and cold. It also hurts when I go

Customer Question

My left leg has been numb and cold. It also hurts when I go to bed at night. My lower left back/hip have been hurting for about 3 weeks. I am weak to stand up.
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. P. Jyoti replied 1 year ago.

Dr. P. Jyoti :

I am Dr. P. Jyoti, MD. I promise to use my full experience and knowledge to provide answers specific to your question. Feel free to ask me anything.

Dr. P. Jyoti :

hello would you like to chat on this?

Customer:

Ok, What do you think?

Dr. P. Jyoti :

have you seen a doctor for this? Any tests done?

Customer:

No. I don't have any Ins.

Dr. P. Jyoti :

ok

Dr. P. Jyoti :

there are three main reasons why this could occur

Dr. P. Jyoti :

Lumbar disc lesion: This may be associated with pain in the back and weakness of the leg.

Dr. P. Jyoti :

Vascular insufficiency:

Dr. P. Jyoti :

Peripheral neuropathy

Dr. P. Jyoti :

Pain around the back going down the leg, numbness of the leg or foot and tingling or itchiness are all symptoms of a disc lesion. Most disc lesions are minor and can be handled with simple exercises, lumbar belts, steroid injections, non steroidal anti-inflammatory injections, etc. Some cases may need surgery.

Dr. P. Jyoti :

Peripheral neuropathies are most commonly caused by diabetes mellitus, but there are many other diseases as well and it needs to be well investigated to find out the cause.

Dr. P. Jyoti :

Atherosclerosis of arteries, spasm, etc, may cause vascular insufficiency. This might lead to claudication with pain in the calf muscles on walking which is relieved on rest.

Dr. P. Jyoti :

You now need to see your doctor and discuss these three diagnoses

Dr. P. Jyoti :

ask for tests for them

Dr. P. Jyoti :

remember that you have to give a positive rating at the end of the conversation so that i get credit for the time and care taken with you. It is the row of faces below - click on a happy face to give a good rating

Customer:

So, what is the

Dr. P. Jyoti, Consultant MD
Experience: 17 yrs experience in treating OPD & Emergency patients.
Thank you for the accept.

We can continue the conversation.

I believe you were about to ask me something?