Dr. Arun Phophalia, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  MBBS, MS (General Surgery), Fellowship in Sports Medicine
5625079

I get pain in my testicals sometimes after a bowel movement

I get pain in my testicals sometimes after a bowel movement and what looks like seminal leakage. The pain feels a lot like I've been hit in the groin, I've been to the doctor a few times and they don't know what it is, they just tell me to "clean the pipes" more often. On further examination of my semen there are little rice like shapes that are real jelly like in consistency that accompanies the pain. Generally after ejaculating the pain fades very quickly. What is this? How do I make it atop without having to masturbate frequently?

Greetings Sheldon.

Were any investigations done?
Are you exposed to unsafe sex?

Dr. Arun

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I was checked for infection and nothing was found. I practice safe sex.
Hello Sheldon,

Your symptoms are suggestive of prostate infection (prostatitis). This can be confirmed by;

1) semen culture
2) culture of fluid expressed from penis after prostate massage.

These not only diagnose the issue but also tells about the best antibiotic which will eradicate the infection. Prostate is just behind the rectum and this is the reason bowel motion causes pain. An ejaculation relieves the prostate congestion and thus symptoms get better. Masturbation frequently can help.

Please feel free for your follow up questions.

I would be happy to assist you further, if you need any more information.

We have recently implemented a new rating and feedback system. Please be aware that you are rating my courtesy and service as a professional. If you have any questions whatsoever, or there is anything I can clarify for you, please temporarily bypass the rating system by clicking “Continue the Conversation” or "Reply."

Clicking either of the lowest two options reflects poorly on me so please reply to me if there is anything else I can do to help before choosing those options. I appreciate your patience while we work out the kinks. It's important to me that you are 100% satisfied with the service I have provided you. Thank you.