A. Schuyler, NP
A. Schuyler, NP, Nurse Practitioner
Experience:  Board Certified NP, MS, RN. 25 years private practice & hospitalist

I had a wart removed from my foot on 9/26/2012 and still suffer

I had a wart removed from my foot on 9/26/2012 and still suffer from numbness and pain in my foot. What is your diagnosis and suggested medications for treatment?

My name isXXXXX to the unique experience that is JustAnswer. Please note that my function is to give you honest information and not to tell you what you necessarily wish to hear. If we are online at the same time, there may be a slight delay between your follow ups and my replies as I type out a thorough response for you.

Actually it isn't possible to give a diagnosis without an examination. However, I can tell you that it can take up to a year or even more for nerves to regenerate that have been damaged from either the wart itself or the procedure to remove it. In the meanwhile, the numbness should improve a little bit each month as nerves slowly regenerate and you gain more feeling. There really is no treatment for the numbness other than what we jokingly call "tincture of time."

That doesn't explain the pain though, and there is no way to tell what is causing that without an examination. Usually three months out from removal you should have little to no pain. The surgeon or podiatrist who treated the wart really needs to take another look at it to see what is going on.

All the best,