Dr. Sohaib
Dr. Sohaib, Doctor
Experience:  M.B;B.S ; FCPS Experienced in all Medical Specialties

I have a problem for some reason I catch a cold or flu or sinus

I have a problem for some reason I catch a cold or flu or sinus very often
What can I do to improve my helth or better to improve my immune system

Welcome to Just Answer and thank you for the question.

I am Dr. Sohaib, a Medical Internist (who deals with diseases of all the organ systems of body) and i will do my best to find an answer for you.

You need to answer a few questions first which will help me assist you in a better way.

Have you discussed this with your doctor?

Any kind of tests done to look for problems in immune system?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
No I don't have a regular doctor right now but in the past my doctor said it was normal nothing like a simple cold or flu
Along time ago I had an intoxication on my lungs caused by smog because I use to work at this factory that melt metal to form autoparts
I was 18 back then since then every time I catch a cold it's very hard that's way now I'm 39 I need to find the way to improve my inmune system

Thank you very much for the useful information.

Some people have allergy issues and continuous/recurrent exposure to the allergens can lead to ongoing inflammation and secondary infections.

So if not already get your self screened for allergies (an immunologist is the right person to consult).

Also a condition in which the immune system does not work effectively, called common variable immune deficiency (CVID) is some thing which should be considered in a person who undergoes repeated infections. Again an immunologist is the right person to help you in this situation.

As far as strengthening of the immune system is concerned, one has to diagnose any pathology/problems in the immune system first, only which can direct a specific and targeted management plan.

There are however, some general measures which may boost up your immune system. Please click on the links below i have searched for you.

These are beautifully written articles, easy to understand.

I hope this clarifies and answers your question.

Stay relaxed.

Wish you good luck.

Kindest Regards.

It was a pleasure assisting you and i hope my answer was helpful. I will

appreciate 4/5 Star Rating (Good/Excellent Service) & a Bonus as this is the

only way i get credit for my time & expertise. Do not hesitate to ask any follow up

questions or clarifications any time.