How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. Arun Phophalia Your Own Question
Dr. Arun Phophalia
Dr. Arun Phophalia, Doctor (MD)
Category: Health
Satisfied Customers: 33076
Experience:  MBBS, MS (General Surgery), Fellowship in Sports Medicine
Type Your Health Question Here...
Dr. Arun Phophalia is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My 16 year old daughter has been vomiting for about 11 hours.

This answer was rated:

My 16 year old daughter has been vomiting for about 11 hours. How can I stop it?

I am sorry about your daughter's persistent vomiting. You may try following;

1) PeptoBismol
2) Dramamine / Dramamine less drowsy.
3) Sips of Pidalyte / Gatorade.

The primary aim is prevention of dehydration and electrolyte imbalance. If the loss of fluids is too much in vomiting or you are unable to replace enough liquids; she may need intravenous fluids. In that case you may need to got to ER. Signs of dehydration are pulse more than 100 per minutes, feeling thirsty, dry tongue etc.

Please feel free for your follow up questions.

I would be happy to assist you further, if you need any more information.


We have recently implemented a new rating and feedback system. Please be aware that you are rating my courtesy and service as a professional. If you have any questions whatsoever, or there is anything I can clarify for you, please temporarily bypass the rating system by clicking “Continue the Conversation” or "Reply."

Clicking either of the lowest two options reflects poorly on me so please reply to me if there is anything else I can do to help before choosing those options. I appreciate your patience while we work out the kinks. It's important to me that you are 100% satisfied with the service I have provided you. Thank you.
Dr. Arun Phophalia and 2 other Health Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I have tried peptones bismol, mint tea sprite, warm ginger tea. She is not able to keep anything down and is extremely thirsty. The reason I'm hesitant to rush to the hospital is because the nearest one is 100 miles away.

I can understand the issue about the distance.

Inability to keep anything down and feeling thirsty are the signs for need of;

1) Injectable anti vomiting medication.
2) Intravenous fluids (saline drip).

You may give Dramamine (available without prescription) and wait for half an hour. If this is not helpful, seeking a medical help is necessary, I am afraid.

It is privilege assisting you.

Dr. Arun

Related Health Questions