Dr. Anil
Dr. Anil, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  M.B.B.S.M.D with over 30 years of experience in this medical field.
4713694

My son appears to have a spider bite about 8 inches to the

My son appears to have a spider bite about 8 inches to the right of his belly button. He is 24 and the pain is increasing at the site and he feels a little groin pain too. He also has 2 smaller "bites" right by his belly button. They all are dark in the center with redness around them and the large one is swollen. The redness around the large one has increased to about a 5 inch diameter. He is not sure but he thinks he has had this for about 2 days. Again, his pain level is about an 8 or 9 when he touches the site (with 10 being the highest) It's New Years Eve. Should we go to ER?

As his pain is radiating to other area and getting worse over the time so it suggests that venom is spreading.

So he needs to be seen by a doctor at ER.

Usually the initial line of treatment includes

Clean the area with soap and water and apply cool compresses on affected area.

Motrin 200 mg every 4-6 hourly.

Claritin-antihistaminic medication

If he has not had a tetanus shot within the last 5 years it would be a good idea to get one.

However his current symptoms(increased swelling,redness,pain) require an urgent medical attention.

I hope this helps.

Please rate me highly (Star 5 Great Service), if you are satisfied with our conversation.

If you have any further query then feel free to ask.

Bonus and positive feedback are highly appreciated.

Thank you.

Thank you.