Dr. Arun Phophalia, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  MBBS, MS (General Surgery), Fellowship in Sports Medicine

Vascular insufficiency// cellulitis episodes I have

Customer Question

Vascular insufficiency// cellulitis episodes

I have just had another cellulitis episode. I have been Rx'ed Kelflex , and told to consult a vascular surgeon. Is there any help being done for this condition now ? Only the Cleveland Clinic ? What do I have to do to qualify for the surgery to repair/ replace / remove the faulty, leaking valves in my legs that are causing this situation ?
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Arun Phophalia replied 3 years ago.

It seems that you have been diagnosed with venous insufficiency where valves of the veins are leaky. This causes stagnation of the blood in the lower limbs, associated swelling and secondary infection. There is a new technique called as endovenous laser, which is quite efficacious for the treatment. This is widely available nowadays. You may contact an hospital attached to the medical school in your area, where it would be available. Please read about endovenous laser in this authentic resource;

Please feel free for your follow up questions.

I would be happy to assist you further, if you need any more information.

We have recently implemented a new rating and feedback system. Please be aware that you are rating my courtesy and service as a professional. If you have any questions whatsoever, or there is anything I can clarify for you, please temporarily bypass the rating system by clicking “Continue the Conversation” or "Reply."

Clicking either of the lowest two options reflects poorly on me so please reply to me if there is anything else I can do to help before choosing those options. I appreciate your patience while we work out the kinks. It's important to me that you are 100% satisfied with the service I have provided you. Thank you.