Dr. Brims
Dr. Brims, U.S. Licensed Physician
Experience:  U.S. Licensed Physician, general surgery and internal medicine experience

since october i have had neck issues and realized i was clenching

since october i have had neck issues and realized i was clenching my jaw at night. I worry alot about my health. I havent felt well since october and have had anxiety issues. I am otherwise a healthy 34 year old woman. My dr put me on cipralex , im on day 12, my anxiety has gotten worse. my head feels weird, my ears plug, im constantly yawning,my arms feel weak, these symptoms i had before but have worse since taking the cipralex. i have 3 kids and i dont know why im feeling this way. should i give up on the cipralex? are these symptoms im having normal and how long will they last until i start feeling better?

Dr Brims : Hello, welcome to Justanswer, I will try to assist you with your medical question, and any medical information you seek
Dr Brims : It may take 2-3 weeks to feel better while on this medication
Dr Brims : You should not stop the drug yet, you need to give it time
Customer: so i should gradually feel better in the next week or 2 then?
Dr Brims : Yes, that is correct
Customer: can anxiety issues sometimes be worse when starting cipralex?
Customer: even tho im already on day 12?
Dr Brims : Yes, sometimes the symptoms may worsen over the first 2 weeks
Customer: from the symtpoms ive listed, would you say its more anxiety or mental then physical? like im constantly googleing my symptoms thinking i have cancer or something related. im just not used to feeling unwell for so long
Customer: feels like theres something wrong with my brain and its not getting better
Dr Brims : I would say its' more anxiety
Dr Brims : Are you there?
Customer: im here
Dr Brims : Are you having computer problems?
Dr Brims : It seemed to take time to reply
Customer: okay, i just want to be assured that these symptoms will dissapate eventually and i wont feel like im crazy forever
Customer: ive trusted the dr in starting the cipralex hoping it works,
Dr Brims : I understand
Customer: why do people get anxiety? besides having a neckache for the last few months, i really have no other reason to fell this way
Dr Brims : There are several possible causes, but most are unknown since you are healthy
Customer: do you trust that the cipralex will help me?
Dr Brims : It should help you
Customer: do you think that my neckache and jaw clenching is anxiety related as well
Dr Brims : Yes, I think they are both related to anxiety
Customer: the dr gave me alprazalem but im afraid to use it< will it help me during these high anxiety days?
Dr Brims : Yes, it will likely provide extra relief
Customer: alright, thanks for your input
Dr Brims : You're quite welcome
Dr Brims : Please remember to click a rating button prior to exiting the chat session