Dr. David, Doctor
Experience:  Ten years practicing as a licensed family physician.

Bump in butt

I felt a under skin raised bump in my anal cavity that does not cause pain and is not itchy. Then I just got the same type of under sking raised bump on my right butt cheeck a little painful to touch and not itchy. I am 44 year old male. Do you know what it could be?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Relist: No answer yet.

There are a few possible explanations for the raised skin bumps that you are noticing. The most likely possibility is a minor bacterial infection of the hair follicles known as folliculitis. They may be a little painful or be entirely painless depending on the particular location. These kind of infections are self-limiting and usually clear up on their own without any kind of treatment.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Thanks for the reply. How long do they last and can I expect more? Is it a hernia?
You are welcome. They usually go away within a few days. It would be a good idea to keep the area clean with soap and water. After washing, you could swab the area with a cotton ball soaked in hydrogen peroxide.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
The first one has been there for about a week. Same size. It is pea size just the the most recent one. Does this change your mind. No pain and no itching.
If the first one is in the anal cavity, it is possible that it is something different such as an external hemorrhoid. An external hemorrhoid is a small painless bump near the anus. It is definitely not a hernia.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Last one and Happy New Years. Do external hemorrhoids have two different locations such as mine. One just inside the cavity and one on the right butt cheek. Like in size.
Happy New Year! Hemorrhoids can be either "internal" or "external". External hemorrhoids can be seen and felt around the anus, while internal hemorrhoids cannot generally be seen or felt from the outside. The bump on your butt cheek is too far away from the anus to be a hemorrhoid and is probably due to folliculitis.