Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  Over 20 yrs of Family Practice

hey hey. ive been trying to think of some food that gives

Customer Question

hey hey. i've been trying to think of some food that gives me enough carbs, and wonder if you had any ideas of food that uses milk and sour milk in conjuction with other food that gives me carbs, but at the same time would not need to eat a whole lot of it so i can reduce weight. preferly has to be able to get it at the store.my worry is that my blood sugar is really too low compare to what it should be, thus i need high increase naturally, possibly due to overweight, and this is getting worse as time goes, but does insulin have a opposite hormone, that makes me produce less or more of insulin? i believe my body might be very sensitive of insulin, and also sugar, in some way. what causes this and what can i do?
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
Let's get something clear first--what is your fasting glucose level and your Hg A1C? And when you say carbs, what exactly are you referring to?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i'm basing this on that 3g of sugar gives me a 7-10 blood sugar(from 6-7) increase in a few min, in conjunction with coffee, which is suppose to make the blood sugar not so high, also when i start eating new food, it went dramatically down, also every time i workout it drops low(2-3 next morning) in conjunction with sugar. i also sleep hours when i've eaten sugar.
when i eat normally on fasting i went from 6 to 4 in a few days i then eat quite a bit of carb without sugar from candy, but then i had a workout and a following chocolate milk and the next day i had 2,4. i also sleep between 12-28 hours(since i only had slept 3 hours the other days in cchristmas) after sugar intake if i forget eat something else. so basically when i eat normally and my blood sugar is 4 in the morning and i don't workout, this is all diabetes food that makes me go down to this level, once i workout it drops too low. in morning i go around hungry for hours cause it's too low, and now i don' even want food.
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
That's way too complicated and a little confusing--you really need to work on trying to make some simple statements. What happens if you cut out any refined sugar as in sweets?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
that's what i'm trying to do, but it's hard when i never have energy to make any food, and i don't really even eat sugar, but the substitutes for it. i need coffee and other acid stuff to keep up, cause not drinking milk and i want more food, but not able to eat any, and then i need sugar or whatever is in front of me. my mouth tastes bad all the time. pretty much all i eat that contains sugar is yoghurt ice cream with chocolate, this is kinda good for the blood sugar i feel. i tried noodles but didn't had taste for it, and then now i made tags to keep myself up, when i wake up i just have no energy to do stuff . if i like only eat for dinner nad take a dessert i just go to bed cause too much sugar, and then i'm screwed.this is like the first meal i made this christmas, and every other meal has gone bad on my energy.
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
What if just for a few days you stick to veggies, a small amount of fruit, and some meat?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
the problem isn't that i don't know what to eat, but that i don't get anyone to do it with me, and everyone else is f**king up my diet, cause i need food in morning and then i have no energy, and my bf bought chips that screws me up cause i can't get to the kithcen and make some food, if i had a chips the day before, see what i mean? if it's not him it's my mother or his mother, everything f**ks me up, cause i can't just say no to a dessert. then i eat substitutes once i get a hand on it to keep myself up. what shall i do instead, what can i get off the market that won't destroy me? i need more carbs. i don't like vegetables, i like creamsoups, but i can't get it off dry food, cause then i feel bad, and the wheat makes me feel bad when it's in the soup. i can't eat meat without a sauce, and only tomatopure is working for me, but can't really add anything to it. i want meat but not for breakfast, and i don't really want bread, but my body does.what you reckon is a good food that is breadlike that i can eat for breakfast? i really want all wheat heh.why can't the doctor just say i have diabetes so i can tell them what to eat, so i don't have to take them into the calculation and be given the right food? i am not being taken serious.i need one recipe that i can eat all week and that i don't need to spend much time in the kitchen.well cauliflower soup with carrots nad potatoes with cream fraiche might be good.i need a french or english diet.
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
Just to say you don't like certain foods doesn't mean you can't eat them
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i can, but finding tasty recipes is the worst. not really about what i can and cannot eat, but what i want, and also about what allergies is causing me, finding something in store is like hell on earth. what might cause this mouth taste? also i didn't mean to sound like i'm complaining, i'm just struggle to find peace with eating differently all the time. my lack of fantasy is my own enemy. i believe i solely found my diet based on what i enjoy the most, but at the same time, it's not what the body needs, but due to my food preferance it has lead me into a vaste land with no taste nor finding food that i can eat, it's just mindboggling and my lack of functioning is absolutely killing my cooking experience. i just wanna eat what is right, and everyone around me doesn't give a damn what is right, so it's all up to me, and i'm not capable of finding the right stuff. sometimes you need to think of what is right to eat, but when everything seem to not work when i cook it, it's f**king me up.i don't think i have any tastes left, and that's what's stresses me, on top of it, i only eat to keep my blood sugar at a good level and it's also stressing me that nothing i eat is tasty, if i eat fat i'm getting acid in stomach, if i eat acid i get acid in stomach, and if i eat sugar i'm falling apart, if i eat normal food, it just tastes like crap, and if i like make tags i'm just constantly at the lower level of blood sugar that i started on. finding the right portion the right blood sugar, and the right food, is just killing me, i don't know how to.
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
Well, have you ever found things to eat that don't bother you and don't cause any of the physical problems?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
dream yoghurtice is absolutely perfect, i believe, if i eat it often enouhg, possibly soups. it's like starting on a baby's diet all over again, see? it's not really healthy to just eat that, i need a diversion of it. if i eat a chips now and then i'm also fine. i'm lacking sodas tho.hmm this is what it contains. Milk, sugar, yoghurt 8,5%, cream, belgian chocolate pieces 7% [cocoa mass, sugar, cocoa butter, emulsifier (soy lecithin)], choco pieces 6% [sugar, vegetable fat (coconut oil), cocoa, emulsifier (soy lecithin), flavour (vanillin)], skimmed milk powder, cocoa 3%, glucose syrup, fiber (polydextrose), whey powder, vegetable emulsifier (mono-and diglycerides of fatty acids), stabilisers (guar gum, carboxymethylcellulose, carrageenan), flavour (vanillin, vanilla extract). Energi/Energy 850 kJ / 200 kcal Protein 4,5g Karbohydrat/Kulhydrat/ Kolhydrater/Carbohydrate 27g Fett/Fedt/Fat 8,5g
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
We have gone on about diet an foods for a long time. I really don't have anything more to add than to tell you again that the nutrient dense diet I told you before is the healthiest and the best for sugar problems, cholesterol problems, etc.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
hmm, it does heal your diabetes right? i just need tasty recipes, where can i find them and i need to find the food in store, what you think is the best way to find the right food, and what am i able to store? as well as finding the right carb intake, 27g with yoghurt seem to be a good value, and i'm struggling a bit with finding beans and soy that i can eat right away without all the stuff that is added to it. see what i say? i wouldnot mind a vegetarian diet if i could actually find fresh food, but canned with tasty oils and shit it all becomes a bad food, and that's what i find in the store next door. how do you get real food, and not a canned adversion of a healhty normal diet? and this without too much preparation? where do i complain about norwegian food stores heh, so i can attain a good diet, i think it's all ordered from the US tho, beans and stuff.all the diets that new in norway, is like coming from outside and most of it is filled with crap that makes people sick, we hardly have any norwegian food that isn't made into crap as well anymore.i wonder how people survive heh.
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
Doesn't cure diabetes but it can help keep the glucose lower. Have you looked into Jenny Craig and Weight Watchers--they have foods that can be shipped to you and that don't take much in the way of preparation?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
gah, i hate how i choose the wrong thing, but how do i know what i'm eating? did jillian michaels a while ago ending paying 100 dollar for a day of meals, so like diets are just out of the picture, that's why i look for information and then i end up finding worse and worse food in store, and nothing is eatable anymor heh, atleast not what i can afford. i pay 10 times the price if it's a diet.
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
The Jenny Craig meals aren't that expensive but I'm no sure where we're going here--either you can get the right food or you can't
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
can't, but i'm sorry for bothering you about it, i'm losing my mind. my bf has pressured me about working out, i woke up too early today and all isay is that i cna't workout cause im0' not eating right. and it's killing me, i'm too tired now after a few hours on computer, i played 20 hours yesterday. once someone bothers me about RL i'm going nuts about my diet, cause i've been struggling keeping up, the best thing is to not eat at all, and just let the coke go into blood, or the coffee. i ate noodles then i made tags and they tasted like crap as well, cause no taste in the noodles and something wird in the tags, as well as they all made me moody once i ate them, gah i rather not be around in RL at all.what is the best way to get 3g sugar as fast as possible to blood cells and keep it there?this way i can stay at 6 blood sugar all the time, and not bother about food. how many times do i need to do tha twithin 2 hours? see all depression mode all cause i can't eat dinner all day.
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
Sugar is sugar--refined sugar would get to your cell the fastest but let's not talk about diet any more for now--I really don't have anything more to tell you about that.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
why is it bugging me so much? how can i cope with this. i want out of the chair and workout, i do anything really. what shall i do to get the doc to help, who can help, darn i'm so alone with this, and everyone is bugging me, cause noone really can help. what's wrong? what is it i'm not doing that i should do? i'm being told to eat normally, healthy diet, but what is really a healthy diet, if nothing is in the store, i'm exaggerating here, but it's mindless to just do nothing. it's not about the diet, but i'm making things so hard for myself it's killing me.
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
I really think you focus too much on your blood sugar and your diet--I really don't think that's the major problem with your energy and the way you feel
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
well the diet make me feel like this, cause i don't know what is the right diet. i need to know every bit about it and where to get the food to make it right. then i also need to know the carb calculations, everything about gastritis and food intake, everything. see? that's the problem, i can't just listen to someone's else when they can't give me these answers. then i go on and on about what food to eat, instead of getting the answers, where can i find answers? this goes for everything i do.
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
The simplest thing to do would be to consult a nutritionist
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
but how do i know he knows? i want to know. what do i do to get the knowledge?
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
You learn to ask a trained specialist like a nutritionist who can answer all your questions. You've already done much too much research on this and really, whether you know it or not, you've just confused yourself
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i wanna know what he knows tho! that's what i'm saying. i need to know the research, what food does for you, what food has what, and all stocked up so i can filter it find solution to blood sugar, all norwegian foods has to be stored in it, and that's pretty much it. how much the body needs exactly, how you get to the right conclucisions about whats good for you. i am only confused cause i haven't found a way to learn it.
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
Sorry but in this one area I just don't think I can help you any more
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ya i'm waiting 3 months to see a nutrisionist and i'm not sure if the doctor is sending me there, how do i find medical info quickly? on right level. this is why i ask you questions, cause i'm not able to get a professional answer on anything. how do i get the doctor to take this serious, or is there any way to get out of it, if that is really how i feel?
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
The problem really is you want way to much information about a fairly simple subject. Eating healthy--the nutrient dense diet I've talked about--is good for everyone, no matter their physical or medical problems.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
the only problem is, i actually have to eat it, and i need to find the food in the store without fat included. how do i live on a nutrient dense diet without fat(i can eat about 70 calories fat pr meal)? then it also has to has to contain 100 calories of proteins and 150 calories of carbs for me to take it. making up numbers now, but that's about what i'm thinking. 320 pr meal= 1260 pr day if i eat 4 meals. yet again completly f**ked up meals but, 300g of meat im' being told, 200-300 g of carbs, and as low fat as possible. doc told me to eat 2500 caclories.other resources tells me 1400 some tells me 1700 on a resting diet, i found 1500 to be 500 calorie reduction without workouts. the problem isn't the food but getting out of the bed when i wake up, and also getting out of sleep on a bad day. i'm so sorry for bringing you this on this day. you're so awesome to put me where i belong. yet again i need to see the doc and i'm going nuts cause can't right now.can hormones be the cause of all this? insulin issues, fat not stored right, pcos problems, fat running about in body that shouldn't be there, etc..?see i need to know what is causing me to react like this even if i know i'm not suppose to.
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.

Take a look

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/joel-fuhrman-md/the-cure-for-the-american_b_695474.html

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
yeah that's the thing, i just need to find the right food, that's provided in norway or in close areas, to get them fresh, as the food that is sold here is preserved in a way that is causing sickness. also we're in need of a cure, in the same way as any american, we need to start growing the right food, and start heal the people of processed food. don't think that we get anything but fresh vegetables in the store, but none of them are nutrient and fullyear. real cooking requires plans i'm currently unable to do tho, that's why i go for store for things like mungbeannoodles, cuase mungbeans isn't existing(in particular mungbeans aren't really the noodles that is sold in the grocery store just in asian store), same with tofu and other good food, we need them in the store, not in the asian one(i can't drive 10 miles to get it fresh). and not even is it fresh:) i need to find a food that is delicious without tasting to it and without all this processing tho.you know the store is based on people paying for getting their stock placed in a good setting, to make people buy it, and thus all the big chains is getting the food placed in the right place, thus people buy the wrong food.
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
Well, you'll have to make do with what's available
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ofcourse i'm trying. i just found no good food yet heh, that actually keep me at the right blood sugar. but ye i will keep trying. the nutrient dense diet consists of high amounts of low GL and GI food thus also remove the diabetes, i just need to find the ones that gives little calories on top of it, we need like small casks of strawberries at a cheap price, small nut bags not 600 calorie ones, so that i can buy one for a dollar instead of 5 and not eat the whole thing, as it's not good to eat all that. the bag size of all food is way too big and not good for our health. chips is also like 2000 calories, it's stupid. well pretty much i forgot to say, feeling better, but trying to find out if low hormones in any way can give you low blood sugar but also moodie periods, or give you manic states?
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
Hormones can affect mood but not glucose and insuling except for cortisol
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
so if cortisol levels gets high glucose levels gets low? cortisol is the stress hormone? is that how you get this bad taste in mouth if blood glucose levels gets low or is it high? i tend to have it all day. but this isn't affected by food right?
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
No, high cortisol levels raise glucose levels. In a way it's the stress hormone but it isn't just for the fight or flight scenario. In diabetics there can be a sweetness to the breath--acetone--but not a bad taste
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
sounds like that ye. but i meant like not sweetness to the breath, but what i'm experiencing as acetone ye, metallic thing, this is causing me to drink sodas and lots of waters if it's very high. but the cortisol levels has no other afflicted hormones? so what i'm looking at is 2 different types of disfunction and what can be the cause of the disfunction in hormone levels? food or too little exercise overweight? or just food? if menstrual blood was high from start it means i had pcos before or after i got it, or did i get pcos due to overweight? same with insulin levels and cortisol levels?
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
Too many questions at one time. The metallic taste could be reflux or a sinus infection. You may have an estrogen/progesterone/testosterone problem
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ye excess androgen mostly and estrogen defiency actually also symptoms of excess, progesterone defiency how is it possible have both excess and defiency of estrogen, i think i want sex just as the menopause arrives tho.
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
Well estrogen levels can be erratic with premenopause. Listen--I have to leave for now-I'll get back to you as soon as I can but don't post any reply until I get back here
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

hey, how do you do?

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
I do OK How do you do?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

i'm pretty ok, doing raids on wow, and watching movies. pilling my breast heh, it's filled with liquid and stuff. i wrote something last night or kinda wrote, after a few norwegian/swedish movies i found some interesting psychological stuff and had a write down. basically i'm putting mazlow, pscychology and politics together, to come to how to get a noracist society.

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
Have you actually written any essays or papers?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

not really. have a look at this.

http://avunavideos.blogspot.no/

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
Interesting
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

heh ya, trying to find a way to solve the religious wars. i've been discussing some with some people online and stuff. so what you think?

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
Well, there's been a lot of work and writing on that already
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

yeah, but it has to start within the political sense of schools and work. added this now.

i believe this starts within the democracy and with fighting the battles within our community, teach our kids and students psychology and empathic behaviour with setting examples of what every human should be having a right to, but give them a chance of a peaceful environment without weapons, removing the wars within ourselves with getting a knowledge of the future. Remove the fights from our community, and dismiss weapons within the community.

basically i want psychology and empathy added to the schoolyard and everywhere else so everyone has a chance to learn this.

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.

Great idea. Of course you're trying for utopia which just isn't possible in human society

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

well it's possible, if you don't try it surely won't:) there's plenty of people like me, we just need to open the society to it.

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
Good luck--I'm just saying that even with perfect empathy and psychological support there are some people that won't respond. And I personally think a truly utopian world would be quite boring
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

it's not about utopia, but seeing the human behind the shell, every human has a choice, to do the right thing or the wrong thing, sometimes the eyes of the person has no glasses on and things gets heavy for them, and thus they get into the wrong thing. security is nr 1 rule of what you need to stop fearing, so why don't we make sure people are secure, with little to no risk of getting pushed into things they shouldn't fear.

it's more of an ideology ofcourse rather than something you know will happen, but we need to save what can be saved, and dismiss our fear of the unknown.

if you are able to live your life like you do, why shouldn't everyone else be able to, if people like you were the people all over the world, we would have nothing to be afraid of.

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
I guess
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

thanks. i just wish i was able to follow up and get into this sooner rather than later, my memory is slacking and i want to be overwith with all the schedules i'm making, so i can get to it in the right way. I might only see this cause i'm asperger and not having much to do, but. sometimes movies moves me a lot. i been thinking of this since 9/11 but also got the new thinking when we had this attack in Oslo.

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
We had kind of a similar thing last month in Connecticut
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

i know. also israel has changed, I had a long discussion on it on norwegian forums with racistic people. i'm also worried about usa's economics and how they gonna make it, and economics in norway how we can get it more stable and reach out to the world rather than ourselves.

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
Racist people?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

yes we got plenty of them around here, they are utter right and is demanding muslims to get out of the country, at the same time dooming them to themselves in their countries. a lot of people like breivik but not doing anything about it but pollute the air with political propaganda. most of them are online typing their thoughts. political agendas are all over the net, so been trying to get to them, ofcourse most of the time unsuccessfully. none of them is using the words that would make them look like a racist, but they are using news from different sources, and examples of what muslims do to make a stand, and to create fear.

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.

It's not limited to Norway, believe me

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

ye it's not. like sarah palin is amazing me with all she says. how can she say things like that on TV? so happy obama is president.

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
She's definitely bipolar as are many politicians in the US or at least they act that way
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

i start to believe bipolar has a emotion problem that is solvable, but the person behind that's what amazes me, maybe it's just emotionsissues making this a problem. sick people tend to go from one side to another when they get moved or changed emotionally.

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.

True

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

this is one of the reasons it's so important start with kids and their childhood.

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
True again
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

family therapy is very important, how do you get customers btw, are someone getting them to find you? is it like childrencare that can get people to you, if they're in trouble? doh i been misreading your title.)

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.

The customer can go to my profile--the link at the bottom of my posts--and if they type in a question there it goes directly to me

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

ye i saw. i just thought you were a family therapist, and it says family practice on you, see? i was like amazed that you could do this and being a doctor and a therapist at the same time:) also youtube, while you were gone i was sending a message to some guy, cause he had messaged me, thinking it was you. kinda amazes me still how much knowledge you have on things.

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
He was trying to contact me?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

no he contacted my youtube profile. so i sent him a message cause i thought it was you. must be a old profile tho, or you look very young heh.

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
I pass on youtube and facebook
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

figured as much, altho his wisdom is like listening to you.

https://www.youtube.com/user/drkeithjordan

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
Very spiritual.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

yes kinda. think i'm about to watch a movie regarding a psychiatric pasient, helping another pasient.

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
OK--we need to close this page anyway. Talk at you later
Dr. Chip, Doctor (MD)
Experience: Over 20 yrs of Family Practice
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

sleep well. gn. you make me feel calm.

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 1 year ago.
You too