Dr. Charles
Dr. Charles, Doctor
Experience:  Internal medicine specialist

two months ago i have had a period that only lasted 1 evening

two months ago i have had a period that only lasted 1 evening and left me with a bad migraine since then my periods have been the same only last 1 evening and leave me with a headache and i have a constanst light ringing in my ears and constanst sickly feeling

Dear customer,

I am Dr.Charles and I'm happy to help with your question today..I need the following information from you,so that I can provide you the complete & best answer:

Have you undergone any tests so far?
Is there any other known medical illness?

Do you have previous history of headaches/migraine?

I am online and is waiting for your reply.

Kind Regards-

Dr. Charles

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

i have not had any other tests and dont have a history of headaches or migraines but i did have some legions appear on my skin and my doctor told me they were marks that people get when theyv been ill for a while but i havent been seriously ill my doctor told me they would fade and they are starting to fade

Dear customer,
Thanks for the valuable info you had given.I’ve taken a close look at your question & the reply and come up with the following answer:

Normally menstrual period generally lasts from 2-7 days.As your period lasted only for one evening & that too with other symptoms,this is of concern.

Its most common causes are:stress,being overweight or underweight,imbalance of hormones,polycystic ovarian syndrome/estrogen dominance,uterine abnormalities (fibroids/cysts/polyps/endometriosis).The most probable cause can be imbalance of hormones.The migraine/headache & other symptoms can be because of this only.

You need clinical examination,testing for thyroid function and other hormone levels.A pelvic exam is required to rule out any uterine abnormality, a cervical polyp or fibroid, or a uterine infection.Also you need an ultrasound to evaluate the uterus, the ovaries and the fallopian tubes.

You need following tests:

-Thyroid function test & other hormonal tests
-Ultrasound pelvic & abdomen
-Pap smear
-Endometrial biopsy

Exact diagnosis can only be made after physical & clinical examination.So I advice you to make an appointment with your gyne doctor for these tests & examination to know the exact cause & then treatment will be done accordingly.

Hope this helped

Your satisfaction is my prime goal and I'm happy to answer any follow-up questions you may have.Please feel free to ask if you have any other question.

Thank you for using just answer website.

Kind Regards-
Dr Charles