Dr. Charles
Dr. Charles, Doctor
Experience:  Internal medicine specialist
6554558

my cholesterol is high. my ldl is high. what diet should

my cholesterol is high. my ldl is high. what diet should i follow?
Hello
Welcome to the Just Answer Website.I am Dr.Charles and I'm happy to help with your question today

First thing to do is remove foods from your diet that are causing high cholesterol in the first place.Avoid hydrogenated oils and saturated animal fat.Limit intake of trans fats and hydrogenated oils found in margarine, fast food, fried food, etc..Drinking two glasses of orange juice each day can help.Limit refined sugar intake from cakes, cookies, candy, etc.

Wholegrain food products are thought to be good for reducing the
amount of low density lipoproteins (LDL) in the body.Use olive oil as much as
possible.Add Omega 3 Fatty Acids to your diet - the best source is Fish Oil.Try
to exercise 3-4 times per week, for at least a half hour at a time.Stop smoking
& avoid alcohol.All these natural methods will help you greatly in reducing
the cholesterol levels & LDL levels.

Vitamin B3, also called niacin, is used to lower cholesterol. Specifically, it appears to lower LDL cholesterol and increase HDL cholesterol.

Clinical research has shown that garlic & garlic supplements lowers the cholesterol level greatly..All these natural methods will help you greatly in reducing the cholesterol levels & LDL levels.

Hope this helped

Your satisfaction is my prime goal and I'm happy to answer any follow-up questions you may have.Please feel free to ask if you have any other question.

Thank you for using just answer website.

Kind Regards-

Dr Charles

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

A specific list of breakfast, lunch, dinner, drinks and snacks would really help. I do better with exact foods to purchase and amounts to eat per week. Thank you so much for helping me narrow this huge topic down!

Warm regards,

B

Dear XXXXX XXXXX,
I am happy to answer your follow up question.

Thank you for the appreciation.

Here are the foods/meals that you can have to low the cholesterol levels or these food items can help you to reduce cholesterol & LDL levels:

Click here to see the detailed list of meals & recipes & you can take/cook them accordingly:

http://my.clevelandclinic.org/heart/prevention/askdietician/ask11_01.aspx

http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/cholesterol/CL00002

Hope this helped

My main motive is your satisfaction.If you still have any questions in mind,please feel free to ask.

Kind Regards-
Dr Charles