Nurse Milli, RN
Nurse Milli, RN, Nurse (RN)
Experience:  20 years experience in many areas of Nursing. Both Hospital and Private Practice experience.

question about rash on buttock

question about rash on buttock
Category: Health
Expert:  Nurse Milli, RN replied 1 year ago.

Nurse Milli :

Hi there...did you want to speak with me again or someone new?

Customer:

wanted to ask a doctor a equation thank you

Customer:

meant to say question

Nurse Milli :

Okay...I will opt out so they can get to it. Hang on for me.....

Customer:

thank you

Our chat has ended, but you can still continue to ask me questions here until you are satisfied with your answer. Come back to this page to view our conversation and any other new information.

What happens now?

If you haven’t already done so, please rate your answer above. Or, you can reply to me using the box below.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

someone suggested my rash may be pityriasis rosea? but pictures i viewed on web don"t really look like it

I have opted out....maybe a MD will take your question soon. Although there are not that many online at the moment....you want to still wait?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

can you opt back in?

I am back in. Was your question about pityriasis rosea?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

yes someone suggested could be that but pictures i saw di not eally look the same

No, it really doesn't look like it.

Can you resend the pic once again?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

No, it really doesn't. Estimate how big this is for me....how many inches wide and long?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

why just curious?

I was just wondering because of the picture. The picture is hard to tell how big it is and I don't think we covered that earlier. It looks to be quite small.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

its small maybe an inch or inch and a half, should i be nervous?

i really apologize, i have to run out but will sign on around 9 30 pm EDT

thank you so much

will you be on later?

No, no reason to be nervous at all.

Yes, I'll be online at that time. I'll look for you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
By chance are you online?
Hi there. I am.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
That's great, thank you, XXXXX XXXXX idea what his could be
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Perhaps eczema, just never head it before. A rash from the situation on 12/11 , how likely is that and would it normally take 2 weeks to show up?
I've been doing a little more research. Skin issues (primarily rashes) can be difficult to diagnose in person, much less online. While we can't diagnose here, we can certainly give you some good ideas and what to do about it. My thoughts have not changed that much. The pityriasis rosea that you mentioned will start out as a 'christmas tree' shaped, fine rash that will be almost clear in the centers and then red outward from that. Your area that you are showing me does not fit that description. Like you said, it just doesn't seem to fit your case. Pityriasis rosea also starts as a large area of rash (that's why I was asking earlier about the size).

As far as this area goes that you have, you may have even been bitten by a small insect without you knowing it - possibly in your sleep or at the massage parlor. Even fleas can do this. Possible. From what I can see, there seems to be one red mark with a small red mark in the center....possibly the bug bite.

Anyway, I do not think it's anything to panic or be too terribly concerned about. The dry/irritated skin, even a ringworm (fungal infection), or just a contact dermatitis may the cause here.

Your best friend is time. See if it heals within a fair amount of time and if not, get your local Dr to check it out. But I still don't think it's anything serious.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you very much. Interesting you mentioned a bite as it looked like that to me at first pass as there was one pronounced red dot with a rash around it. I discounted that because if the rash thinking if it was a bite it would just be a single bump but then again I am not a medical professional (not by a long shot). As long as you are confident not viral like herpes, I can deal, with these other possibilities.
Afterward, I can think about positive steps to deal with my anxiety. Final thoughts?
Key question - does this area itch (like a mosquito bite) or is it just red and irritated?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Key question for determine what?
Bite or something else, if so what?
No does not seem to itch.
Well, itching (or not itching) will help narrow it down.

At least we know it's not a mosquito bite (as they itch)...also, fleas will cause itching. Another insect, possibly. There is just not a STD that will cause this if that is what you are worried about. I still think the previous mentioned would be more fitting. Either dry/irritated skin, even a ringworm (fungal infection), or just a contact dermatitis may the cause. No, I don't think viral herpes is going on here .... at least not from your Dec 11th episode.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you.i will monitor over the weekend. I have been in a monogamous relationship for 12 years so outside the 12/11 incident , which I feel horrible about no other situations.
Thanks again
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you.i will monitor over the weekend. I have been in a monogamous relationship for 12 years so outside the 12/11 incident , which I feel horrible about no other situations. Again it definitely doesn't look like herpes, correct?
Thanks again
(one more thing...) I was asking about the itching to rule out things like mites (Scabies) from your massage parlor incident. But that will itch some fiercely, and would also most likely be in other places (not just your buttock)...so I just wanted you to know that.

No, it doesn't look like herpes to me at all...especially given the situation you described earlier today. Besides, herpes 2 (genital herpes) is spread through sexual contact. (like during sex)

I think it will clear up on its own. Try not to touch it and keep the hydrocortisone cream on it.

Good luck! It's been a pleasure helping you!

Nurse Milli, RN, Nurse (RN)
Experience: 20 years experience in many areas of Nursing. Both Hospital and Private Practice experience.
Hi just following up to see how your issue came out. Let me know if I can assist you in any other way!