Ask Health Experts and Get Answers to Your Health Question ASAP
about 3 weeks ago my mom cooked fish for lunch and soon as i walked into the kitchen i felt the smell of the fish and told her that i smelt fish and she said that she cooked it for lunch and was surprized that i felt the smell cause she couldn't feel anything. i couldn't breath so i had to leave the kitchen. it was a type of white fish. not sure which kind. it was a salted white fish. persians salt the fish sometimes in iran.
The cooking of some fishes releases amines as vapours which may cause bronchospasm and difficulty in breathing.This can even cause problems in people who are sensitive when inhaled in very small amounts.This occurs more in people who are prone for such problems during allergies or have a family history of asthma or eczema.Polycyclic Aromatic Hydrocarbons(PAH) and HeteroCyclic Amines(HCA) or biogenic amines are released when sea food or fish are grilled or steamed,these have reported to cause the allergy even when inhaled.
my mom has eczema and i have psoriasis
i'm going to see an allergist for allergy testing on jan 4th. i've been told that i shouldn't take an antihistamine for 7 days prior the test. someone also told me that i shouldn't keep antihistamine at home for 7 days till i do the test, is this true? thanks
what about alcohol? should i not drink alcohol for 5-7days prior to the allergy test? does alcohol act like antihistamine?