Dr. German
Dr. German, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  MD
3310972

Is there anyhing I can take (safely) to eradicate sexual desire.

Is there anyhing I can take (safely) to eradicate sexual desire. I have not been able to have sex for six years and the desire somehow carries on and it is just annoying ,please help. I am a 46 year old male and have no health issues.
Welcome and thanks for your question , You could decrease your sexual desire taking medications that lower your testosterone blood levels or an anti-androgen like Lupron or Zoladex.

However , when you decrease your testosterone blood levels chemically , you could experience adverse side effects like fatigue, hot flashes , development of breast tissue and erection problems .

So that is a difficult decision ,specially for a man but if you want to do it , You need to consult your doctor ( preferably an Urologist ) who will determine if you qualify to take medications to lower your testosterone so you can diminish your sexual desire or libido.

Please only rate my answer when you are fully satisfied. If you feel the need to rate "Helped a little" (1) or "I expected more”(2) they count as negative rating , please stop and reply to me via the CONTINUE CONVERSATION button with whatever issue or clarification you may need. I will be happy to continue further and assist you until I am able to explain any concerns or doubts to your satisfaction.

Please be aware if you give any rating below 3 stars then I will not be compensated in any way for helping you today. Good luck to you and have a good day !

When we finish our conversation if you like the answer ,please click accept so I can get credit for my work.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Having erection problems is what I have anyway, to stop having erections and sexual desire is my goal. Is there any natural products I could use instead?

Until now, there are not 100% probed natural substances or herbs that decrease your testosterone levels and the sexual desire effectively .

However , there is a natural product called chasteberry which you can get over the counter that some studies report it could decrease the libido or sexual desire in men , so You could try to see if it works for you.