Nurse Milli, RN
Nurse Milli, RN, Nurse (RN)
Experience:  20 years experience in many areas of Nursing. Both Hospital and Private Practice experience.

I have pain when i touch and press the right upper side of

I have pain when i touch and press the right upper side of my groin? What could be causing this problem?
Hi there and thank you for the question. I am a Registered Nurse and will be happy to help you today.

I am assuming you have been checked out for a hernia (hence the ultrasound test)....if so, you may have just pulled a muscle in the area or may have a swollen lymph node that is causing pain. Swollen lymph nodes don't necessarily signal anything 'bad' going on, but could just mean that there could be nearby inflammation or infection. The 'wait and see' approach is often times used to see if the area of tenderness resolves itself and if not, more tests would be ordered -possibly a CT scan to investigate further.

Please let me know if there is any other pertinent information that I need to know.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Well, the ultrasound was performed over two years ago. I still have pain in this area; when i was younger in my teens i received two hard hits in this area; could that be an effect ; i also get pain in my pelvic.

The ultrasound may need to be rule out the inguinal hernia or other hernia in this area. Being hit in the area could cause a hernia. Your Dr may choose to do a more broad type of test since your complaints of pain aren't just in your groin but beyond and into your pelvis as well...possible the CT of the pelvis. It will include your groin as well.