Onlinedoc
Onlinedoc, General Physician
Experience:  B.A.M.S with experience in Medicine,Ayurveda, Integrative, CAM
2598649

One Friday morning I had a GYN appt where I got a external

One Friday morning I had a GYN appt where I got a external and transvaginal ultrasound to check for fibroids. (This is mostly unrelated, but not a normal day, so I've added it).

Later that day I was feeling drained/tired. I had lunch and dinner like normal. I went to a party where I consumed a very small portion of food cooked with expired vegitable oil/bread crumbs (my friend is kind of a food hoarder, but I stopped eating when I realized this - I had one small potato pancake). I got home around 11:30 and went to bed. At around 2:30 am I woke up feeling sick. I had a normal bowel movement (normal other than being at 2:30am) and got back in bed. About an hour later I vomited. During the night I vomited 3 or 4 more times (into the early morning). Once all the food was out of my stomach I felt a bit better other than body aches, for which I took tylenol twice during the day.

I drank ginger ale, ate toast, and rested during the day. The next day I was feeling better, but still didn't have much of an appetite. I ate some toast, an egg on an english muffin, and then some chicken/tortilla chips at dinner.

The next day I still had no appetite, heart burn, and a lot of stomach gas - belching after everything I ate and fullness high up in my abdomen. I took some pepto bismol and some gas-x for temporary relief, ate a mild lunch of rice and beans, and then had a yogurt and toast for dinner.

This morning I'm still feeling a bit out of sorts, still have the gas/belching/bloated feeling, and still have little appetite.

I had no other symptoms like fever, no diarrhea, etc... I had a normal bowel movement yesterday.

Is the bloating just a risidual effect of the trauma to my stomach? Does this sound like food poisoning or a stomach flu? Is there anything I should do to help other than what I've been doing?

Do you have pain abdomen,heartburn now?

Lethargy?

Headache,dizziness?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I have some heartburn, still the gas in my stomach (belching, fullness). Some lethargy, but not horrible - I wake up at 5am and commute an hour and a half to work, so I'm always a bit tired in the morning.

No headache, no dizziness.

Thanks for providing more information.

Sorry for late reply and inconvenience.

As per your description,your symptoms suggest the possibility of Viral gastroenteritis.

And in most of the cases,infection resolve in a week.

Now as you have bloating,belching,lethargy,heartburn so with your current symptoms i recommend you to continue Gas X and start metamucil and probiotics.

Even you can take OTC Prilosec to relieve heartburn.

You should take oral rehydration solution as well.

Most likely you 'll be fine in next 2 days.

If your symptoms'll persist then consult your family doctor.

Hope this helps.
Please rate me high if you are satisfied with our conversation.
In case you have further query press reply to expert button.
Bonus and positive feedback are appreciated.
Thanks.