Nurse Milli, RN
Nurse Milli, RN, Nurse (RN)
Experience:  20 years experience in many areas of Nursing. Both Hospital and Private Practice experience.
7152018

I asked you a ? About a week ago. I was told it was just a

I asked you a ? About a week ago. I was told it was just a virus and let it run its course. I have now allowed some time the cough was Nita's bad for a few days but yesterday it hit with a vengeance and now the last two days been running temp 99.8-101.6. Should I continue to let it run its course or get back in today or tomorrow? Thanks
Hi there and thank you for the question and for the request.

It sounds like you may have started out with a virus but now something has possibly turned bacterial. I would go ahead and go in for a follow up appointment and see if they can rule out what is going on here. You may actually have Pneumonia or a bad case of Bronchitis. (Or even may have picked up a different virus like Influenza). But yes, with that nasty fever, I'd go ahead and get treatment.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Just an update for you. I went back to dr. the ran blood and did chest x-ray. Neither one really showed anything so now on to an ENT.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Any home remedy for pulled lower an muscles from all the coughing? Can't even sit up at this point.
Hi there. There's really no home remedy for pulled muscles from coughing other than taking something like Advil and then making sure your cough stays under control as best as it can. Getting a good cough suppressant will help ease back on the coughing and give those worn out muscles a rest.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thanks for all of your help.