Dr. Su S
Dr. Su S, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  25 years of clinical experience

Will a one year old overdose on 1 mg of atavan? Healthy and

Customer Question

Will a one year old overdose on 1 mg of atavan? Healthy and No other meds.
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Su S replied 3 years ago.

Thanks for using Just Answer. I amCustomer I will try my best to help you.This is INFORMATION only, not a substitute for doctor's visit.

When and why did he take the medicine? Does he have any symptom now? How is his weight?

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 3 years ago.
Hi--the simple answer is yes, this can lead to respiratory depression and possible death so it is an overdose and he needs to be in the ER as soon as possible.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

not enough detail or questions

Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 3 years ago.

Sorry--I'll be glad to continue but I thought the situation serious enough not to ask for details. How long ago did he take it?

Expert:  Dr. Su S replied 3 years ago.

Hello George,

Usual dose of ativan in children 0.05mg/kg/dose. It can be increased in some cases upto 0.1mg/kg/dose. At 1 year approximate weight is 10 kg. Though the dose is high still 1 mg can be tolerated. If he has taken it now it is safer to take him to hospital now. Dose can be repeated every 4-6 hours according to the need. Overdose can cause respiratory depression. If he has taXXXXX XXXXX back, and does not have any symptoms, observe him now.

If you have any query, please feel free to ask to continue conversation by using REPLY button. This will help me to explain further & satisfy you. PLEASE DO NOT RATE MY ANSWER TILL YOU WANT TO KNOW MORE and rate IT as EXCELLENT / GOOD SERVICE When you are Satisfied.

Wish his healthy life.