Dr. Josh
Dr. Josh, Doctor
Experience:  Practicing Physician, Family Physician for 7 years
6740150

my 15 month old swallowed a screw possibly earlier he seems

my 15 month old swallowed a screw possibly earlier he seems ok im not sure what to do
Welcome to Justanswer website.
Myself Dr Josh and I’m happy to help with your question today. Please provide me the following information so that I help you.

How long back this happened?
Has he taken any fluids or had any food after this incident?
Is he having shortness of breath?
Is he vomiting?
Any other related symptoms?

Thanks
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

this morning he's eating and drinking fine no vomiting or shortness of breath

As around 12 hours, have already been safely passed from time of incident, so screw may have already passed through intestines from the stomach.

Usually it will not do any harm and should be able to pass through the intestines and excreted in bowel motion. In most of the cases, it would pass out without any complication.
A pediatric gastroscopy checks for any damage to the lining of the esophagus (gullet) or stomach. But it can retrieve the screw in around two hours of accidental ingestion, as after that it passes in intestines from the stomach. He may need X-ray at this stage.

I would recommend that he should be seen by doctor tomorrow, and they can track the passage of screw, by doing interval x-rays.

If you have any further query then please feel free to ask.
Please remember to rate my service once you have all the information you need. If you have any other questions, please ask me –
I’ll be happy to respond. Thank you!

Best wishes