Dr. Arun Phophalia, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  MBBS, MS (General Surgery), Fellowship in Sports Medicine

Hi i was just curious and really need an answer as this is

Hi i was just curious and really need an answer as this is causing alot if problems between me and my partner. I am 21 and had a smear 2 years ago just before i got with my partner while in this relationship my partner has had malluscum twice and had it a few times before we met.i Had another smear few weeks back and my results have came back with changes of cells and i am postitve hpv. We have been told by a doctor that hpv cant be caused by malluscum and other doctor said it can so we are confused. As there is no test for hpv in men his doctor told my partner that he cant have hpv eventhough my midwife said he will be a carrier of hpv if we have been having unprotected sex for near two years now.

So basically we want to know can malluscum have gave me hpv and is he a carrier of hpv also?

We have both been faithful no other partners have been in the relation ship
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Arun Phophalia replied 1 year ago.

Greetings Dare.

Molluscum and HPV are different virus, so molluscum does not give HPV. HPV is different and thus your partner is likely to be HPV carrier (if you never had any previous relationship).

Please feel free for your follow up questions.

I would be happy to assist you further, if you need any more information.

We have recently implemented a new rating and feedback system. Please be aware that you are rating my courtesy and service as a professional. If you have any questions whatsoever, or there is anything I can clarify for you, please temporarily bypass the rating system by clicking “Continue the Conversation” or "Reply."

Clicking either of the lowest two options reflects poorly on me so please reply to me if there is anything else I can do to help before choosing those options. I appreciate your patience while we work out the kinks. It's important to me that you are 100% satisfied with the service I have provided you. Thank you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Relist: Answer quality.

Hello Clare,

You rated the answer poor. Your satisfaction is our utmost aim. I would be more than glad to answer your any further questions.

Your question was;
So basically we want to know can molluscum have gave me hpv and is he a carrier of hpv also?

Answer is; Molluscum does not give HPV. There is a chance of he being carrier of HPV.

I understand that this may not be the answer you are looking for. But it would be unfair to you and unprofessional of me were I to provide you with anything less than truthful and honest information. I hope you understand.

Please let me know your any further question.

It is privilege assisting you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

No i am fine knowing that malluscum dooesnt cause it to be honest he thinking he gave me hpv was causing nothing but tension but now we can move on from that. Can you telk me what malluscum is and can is it contagious

Thanks

You are very welcome Clare.

Molluscum contagiosum virus is a benign viral infection. It is self limiting and resolve spontaneously. It is contagious and can be transmitted by the skin contact.

Please do not rate the answer till you are satisfied. A low rating stays on the site and affects the standing of expert.

Please feel free for your further questions.
Dr. Arun Phophalia, Doctor (MD)
Experience: MBBS, MS (General Surgery), Fellowship in Sports Medicine