Nurse Milli, RN
Nurse Milli, RN, Nurse (RN)
Experience:  20 years experience in many areas of Nursing. Both Hospital and Private Practice experience.
7152018

I just found out today I have Claumidia my doctor prescribed

I just found out today I have Claumidia my doctor prescribed me statistics and I tool them all at one time like it was instructed can you tell me when will the claumidia be gone and when is the best time for,me to get retested for it
Category: Health
Expert:  Nurse Milli, RN replied 1 year ago.
Hi there and thank you for the question. I am a Registered Nurse and will be happy to help you today.

After taking the antibiotics (assuming azithromycin) all at once, you will need to abstain from sexual contact for 7 days. If you still have symptoms after 7 days, you'll need to see your Dr to be retested to see if you are still infected. However, retesting is usually done 3-4 weeks after treatment. You should see a dramatic improvement in your symptoms within a day or two.

Reply back if I can help further..
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Will the chlymidia be gone after 7 days or do I just get retested to check
Yes, the one time dose (4 pills of Azithromycin) should clear the infection. I would retest to check as you don't want to spread the Chlamydia to others. Not sure if you are male or female but if you are male, sometimes the Chlamydia won't produce symptoms, so even if you are non-symptomatic, I would get retested just to be sure. Having sexual intercourse with someone could pass the infection along to them and then back to you if it is not completely gone.
Nurse Milli, RN, Nurse (RN)
Experience: 20 years experience in many areas of Nursing. Both Hospital and Private Practice experience.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am a female and thank you for you help
Females who have unresolved Chlamydia can have complications such as PID (pelvic inflammatory disease) as well as other issues. So, definitely make sure it is totally resolved.

Thank you for allowing me to help.