Nurse Milli, RN
Nurse Milli, RN, Nurse (RN)
Experience:  20 years experience in many areas of Nursing. Both Hospital and Private Practice experience.

I have been to the dr. three times in four weeks for sinus

I have been to the dr. three times in four weeks for sinus infection/strep, bronchitis and then suspected walking pneumonia. I have had a horrible cough since the beginning of October and still doesn't seem to be going away. I still have sore ribs and chest, sometimes I cough to the point where I get a migraine, temps seem to be running around 99.4 to 101. I don't have insurance, but wonder if I should get back in? Please help. Today I was back to being wheezy when I cough.
Category: Health
Expert:  Nurse Milli, RN replied 1 year ago.
Hi there and thank you for the question. I am a Registered Nurse and will be happy to help you today.

I'm sorry to hear that you have been so sick lately. At this point, it sounds reasonable that you may indeed have pneumonia. Either that or you may have possible flu (or other viral infection). Your immune system is probably weak from being sick for so long and this opens you up for new infections. I know the insurance is an issue, but you really need to be seen again. If you can't afford an urgent care or walk in clinic, you can always go to the ER - they can't turn you away if you don't have insurance...they have to treat you.
Nurse Milli, RN, Nurse (RN)
Experience: 20 years experience in many areas of Nursing. Both Hospital and Private Practice experience.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Thanks I have a place I can get into, but this close to the holidays I was trying to hold out.

Oh goodness....I wouldn't wait any longer. I never like to tell anybody how to spend their money or their time, but in your case, I'll have to recommend you getting this taken care of. I know you'll feel better the quicker you get treated. Hope you feel better soon!
Nurse Milli, RN, Nurse (RN)
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for the info.