Dr. Charles
Dr. Charles, Doctor
Experience:  Internal medicine specialist

Hi my question ia the following... I had a period from November

Hi my question ia the following...
I had a period from November 9 to the 16
I had sex on the 2nd last day of the period
N it was light all ready! 2-3 weeks after I been
Feeling dizzy my feet get swollen lower back pain
N abdomen pain n it kind of feels hard!
I should get my prd by the 9 of December but my breast hurts
N my boobs look big n my dizziness n pains r still going!
I did a pregnancy test n it came out negative! Is there a chance
I can b pregnant ? Plz help
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Charles replied 1 year ago.
Dear customer,
I am Dr.Charles and I’m happy to help with your question today .I need the following information from you,so that I can provide you the complete & best answer:

Do you have any history of irregular periods?
Are you taking any pills?
Is there nausea,mood changes?
On what date you had urine pregnancy test?

I am online and is waiting for your reply.

Kind Regards-
Dr. Charles

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have normal periods about 2-3
Days ago I did the pregnancy test no I don't take pills I get naseus but I don't throw up I get sensitive n some times I cry for nothing other days I'm ok happy etc
Dear Claudia,

Thanks for the valuable info you had given.I’ve taken a close look at your question & the reply and come up with the following answer:

Yes,the symptoms you are having can be due to pregnancy.A woman is most likely to become pregnant if sexual intercourse occurs just before or just after ovulation.So you can get pregnant during your periods.Though the chances of pregnancy during periods are usually low during periods, they exist for all women.

There is no predictable time during the month when the risk of pregnancy can be said to be absent.Sometimes ovulation can actually occur before the menstrual bleeding has stopped.So this can result in pregnancy when unprotected sex during periods is done.

Your last period was on november 9,so your next period is expected to come on december 9.The pregnancy tests you have taken were too early to detect HCG in urine.The most reliable time to take a pregnancy test is one week after you have missed a period(expected date of your period).Waiting one week after a missed period will usually give a more accurate answer.So you can have another home pregnancy test after december 17. This will give you the accurate result.

Or you can have a blood pregnancy test.Blood tests can pick up hCG earlier in a pregnancy than urine tests can.Blood tests can tell if you are pregnant about 6 to 8 days after you ovulate.

So the botXXXXX XXXXXne is that your all of your symptoms sounds to be of pregnancy.I advice you to have a blood pregnancy test done now or have a repeat urine pregnancy test after december 17.

Hope this helped

Your satisfaction is my prime goal and I'm happy to answer any follow-up questions you may have.Please feel free to ask if you have any other question.

Thank you.

Kind Regards-
Dr Charles

Dr. Charles, Doctor
Experience: Internal medicine specialist
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi doctor Charles
I'm having pain in my lower abdomen n if I go to the hospital to get checked they will do a urine test as usual regarding my symptoms n if so will my urine b able to tell in a pregnancy text in the hospital if I am or not even though u told me to do a pregnancy test after dec 17 ?
Dear Claudia,
I am happy to answer your follow up question.

The urine test done at home or at hospital does not make any difference.The pregnancy tests you have taken were too early to detect HCG in urine.The most reliable time to take a pregnancy test is one week after you have missed a period(expected date of your period).

So again,I advice that at this time only blood pregnancy test can detect HCG hormone & tell about your pregnancy.Otherwise you have to wait for the december 17,so that accurate result can come out.

Pregnancy symptoms differ from woman to woman.Some women experience signs or symptoms of pregnancy within a week of conception. For other women, pregnancy symptoms may develop over a few weeks or may not be present at all.

Following are the most common signs & symptoms:missed period,breast swelling, tenderness, and pain,nausea and vomiting,fatigue and tiredness,increased sensitivity to odors,frequent urination,implantation bleeding,changes in nipple color,melasma (darkening of the skin,abdominal bloating,mood swings and stress.These symptoms are observed by most of the pregnant woman

So in conclusion,I would like to say that your all of your symptoms sounds to be of pregnancy,but exactly it will be revealed by test only.

Hope this helped

My main motive is your satisfaction.If you still have any questions in mind,please feel free to ask.

Thank you for using just answer website.

Kind Regards-
Dr Charles

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Doctor Charles I go my period last nite!
But I still feel different I didnt had back pain or cramping for my period n usually I get cramping before n that's how I know I will get my period!
My breast really hurt! Never felt them like this before
What can I do? Can i still b pregnant?
Thanks for ur answers .

* Claudia *
Dear Claudia,
I am happy to answer your follow up question

As you have had the period now,the probability of pregnancy is very low now.Another possibility is of implantation bleeding.After ovulation the egg travels into the uterus and burrows into the lining of the uterus. This will cause slight bleeding or spotting. This is called implantation bleeding.

I advice you to have another urine pregnancy test now & make an appointment with your gynecologist.

Hope this helped

Kind Regards-
Dr Charles

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank u very much doctor Charles,
U help me alot! N if I have another question I will
Contact u again thank again

*Claudia*
Dear Claudia

Thank you for the words of appreciation & feel free to request me again if you have any health related issues.

Kind Regards-
Dr Charles