Dr. Charles
Dr. Charles, Doctor
Experience:  Internal medicine specialist

I noticed when I was coughing that there is an area above the

I noticed when I was coughing that there is an area above the penis on my left side that feels hard. It's near the top of the pubic hair region but off to the left. it's difficult to detect it unless i cough or breathe in a way that pushes it out. I'm guessing it's around the size of a quarter. It doesn't hurt and there is no discolor to it. FYI, a few weeks ago i injured my inner left thigh where there was swelling and some hardness and it turned black and blue. It seems that it has healed but now I noticed this hardness above the penis. What could it be?
Dear customer,
I am Dr.Charles and I’m happy to help with your question today .I need the following information from you,so that I can provide you the complete & best answer:

Were you prescribed antibiotics after the injury?
Is the swelling appears like a lump?
Is there any other known medical illness?

I am online and is waiting for your reply.

Kind Regards-
Dr. Charles

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I didn't go to the doctor for my injury so I didn't take any antibiotics. Can't really tell if it's a lump. I just can tell there is some hardness there on my left side but not on my right side. My left side just happened to be where that injury occurred but it's higher than where i injured my inner thigh. I don't know if by chance I injured myself where this hardness is and didn't know it. I thought it could be some swelling or something but there is no pain or discoloring to it. The only illness I've had is an underactive thyroid which has healed since I was tested a few years ago on a follow up. I have some slight high blood pressure but the doctor told me it wasn't high enough to be put on medication. High blood pressure runs on my mothers side of the family.

Thanks for the valuable info you had given.I’ve taken a close look at your question & the reply and come up with the following answer:

The symptoms you have described about the hard swelling can be due to enlarged lymph node.Lymph node infection is called Lymphadenitis.It is a common complication of certain bacterial infections such as streptococcus or staphylococcus.The infection has come most probably because of injury you had in inner left thigh.Lymph nodes are a part of the lymphatic system, a component of the body's immune system. Swollen lymph nodes is most probably because of infection.

Swelling of the lymph glands is typically a result of local or widespread inflammation or infection.So the enlarged lymph node you are having is because of the infection that when gets passed through the lymph nodes make them enlarged.

There is no specific treatment for swollen lymph nodes.Generally,the underlying cause needs to be treated, which may result in the resolution of the swollen lymph node.You need antibiotics to treat the root cause & hence this swelling will be resolved.

So I advice you to call your doctor for examination & tests to confirm the exact cause & then oral antibiotics will be resolved.The swelling will go down once the infection is cured.

Hope this helped

Your satisfaction is my prime goal and I'm happy to answer any follow-up questions you may have.Please feel free to ask if you have any other question.

Thank you for using just answer website.

Kind Regards-
Dr Charles

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thanks. I will do so immediately

Dear Ryan,
Thank you for using just answer website.Your 100% satisfaction is our prime goal here at this website.

Kind Regards-
Dr Charles