Dr. Josh
Dr. Josh, Doctor
Experience:  Practicing Physician, Family Physician for 7 years

On The Left Side Of My Tounge , Theres A Kinda Bump . It Hurts

On The Left Side Of My Tounge , There's A Kinda Bump . It Hurts & It's Kinda Hard For Me Too Talk Normal . I Thought This Was Just An Allergic Reaction , But It Hasn't Went Away . What Should I Do , Take ?
Hi there – myself Dr Josh and I’m happy to help with your question today.

It sounds to be Oral lichen planus, It can be painful and may bleed slightly when rubbed or scraped.
The treatment is symptomatic and using oral application of xylocaine jelly to decrease the pain. You should also take a lot of fruits and vegetables and drink plenty of fluids.
You should take soothing foods such as yogurt.
You should use topical steroids gels like Hydrocortisone 0.5% on affected part.
You should avoid hot tea or coffee, prefer butter milk. You should drink plenty of water.
The anti-inflammatory drugs like motrin, advil may be taken to control the pain and inflammation.
In case, symptoms doesn't start to improve in next 3 days, then please see your doctor and get it clinically evaluated.

If you have any further query then please feel free to ask.

Please remember to rate my service once you have all the information you need. If you have any other questions, please ask me –
I’ll be happy to respond. Thank you!

Best wishes