Dr. Charles
Dr. Charles, Doctor
Experience:  Internal medicine specialist
6554558

My husband and I love each other. We both are in our 50s and

My husband and I love each other. We both are in our 50's and have been together 5 years, married for one. I'm in menapose and he has stop feeling viril.. When we make love we both are not interested in it at 1st but when we get started he get's excited. I want to get excited but still feel nothing. I'm feeling like a dead log. It doesn't matter what he does. I then start playing around his anis and he get erect more and really started moving faster then turns me on and I can eventually get a little orgasm. We've had our thyroid checked and both are fine. What do you suggest we do?
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Charles replied 1 year ago.
Dear customer,
I am Dr.Charles and I’m happy to help with your question today .I need the following information from you,so that I can provide you the complete & best answer:

Does your husband had any known medical illness?
Are you take any medication?
Since how long you have this low sex drive?

I am online and is waiting for your reply.

Kind Regards-
Dr. Charles
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hello testing Him Him TestingMy husband has no known medical illness.

I am not taking any medication.

The low sex drive has been for a few years now. We were both using bio-identical hormone injections for a while but haven't used them for over a year now.

Even in my younger years I had a low libido.

Dear customer,
Thanks for the valuable info you had given.I’ve taken a close look at your question & the reply and come up with the following answer:

The symptoms you have described can be due to a condition that is clinically known as HSDD (hypoactive sexual desire disorder).Aging process itself causes changes in desire in women over age 50.That is menopause is an important cause of low libido/low sexual desire & not having orgasm.

As women get older,testosterone hormone level falls.This specially occurs after age of 55.The fact is that testosterone either declines 50% or is absent altogether in women after the menopause.

Approximately one-third of women over 50 report a decrease in sexual desire. The female sex drive is multifactorial, the desire to make love is not only influenced by physical issues, but emotional ones as well.

Dropping estrogen levels are associated with thinning of the vaginal mucosa, making it more susceptible to irritation, as well as a decline in vaginal secretions that act to moisten, lubricate and protect these sensitive tissues.Estrogen is a mood elevator.Decline in estrogen level also decreases the sexual desire & libido.

You need following tests:

-Serum testosterone level
-Free testosterone
-Serum estrogen level

You will be prescribed HRT(hormone replacement therapy) & testosterone therapy accordingly after the blood tests& confirming the exact underlying cause.So I advice you to make an appointment with your endocrinologist for these tests & examination to know the exact cause & then treatment will be done accordingly.
Hope this helped & I had provided you an excellent service.

Your satisfaction is my prime goal and I'm happy to answer any follow-up questions you may have.Please feel free to ask if you have any other question.

Kind Regards-
Dr Charles

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Ok, thisis all good but what about my husbans issue

Dear customer,
I am happy to answer your follow up question.

Your husband has very good erection & orgasm but the only problem is the low sexual desire.Its most common causes are:suboptimal amounts of testosterone in the body,stress and anxiety,depression,too much alcohol consumption,male andropause.Stress & anxiety is the most common cause.

Testosterone levels fall in male which can cause low sexual desire.The normal level of total testosterone should be 23.14 nmol/L.He need to get check his levels.Low testosterone levels in the body can be supplemented by hormone replacement with testosterone. Testosterone replacement therapy can be prescribed as an intramuscular injection usually given on a biweekly basis, as a patch or gel placed on the skin, or as putty that is applied to the gums of the mouth.

So the botXXXXX XXXXXne is that both of you need to consult the endocrinologist for the 'sex hormone levels' to confirm the exact cause & then treatment will be done accordingly.

My main motive is your satisfaction.If you still have any questions in mind,please feel free to ask.

Thank you for using just answer website.

Kind Regards-
Dr Charles

Dr. Charles, Doctor
Experience: Internal medicine specialist