Dr. Brims
Dr. Brims, U.S. Licensed Physician
Experience:  U.S. Licensed Physician, general surgery and internal medicine experience

What can be done if you suffer from inner rotation movement

What can be done if you suffer from inner rotation movement disorder? The inner movements all over the body come and go daily. The doctors do not believe me, but I feel them. The medications for anti-depressant and anti-psychotic do not help to stop this disorder.

Dr Brims :

Hello, welcome to Justanswer, I will try to assist you with your medical question, and any medical information you seek

Dr Brims :

I'm sorry to here about this

Dr Brims :

Have you had any tests?

Dr Brims :

To reply, type in the box and click the reply button

Customer: Thishealth condition applies to my mother, she is90 year sold. She also has macular degeneration. She has the inner rotation symptoms for over a year and was I the hospital five times.the neurologists just give her medicAtions, but nothing helps to stop these syndromes. She had all kind of tests, including Ergo therapy. How can we help her.
Dr Brims :

Can you explain what you mean by inner rotation syndrome? Do you mean dizziness?

Customer: no dizziness. the inner rotations feel like a spiral. sometimes she says now my spine is not straight, she says her inside organs have to turned again the right way, it is very bizarre. She says nobody wants to b elieve me, but it is very real, and she cannot stop it on her own. She has no dementia.
Dr Brims :

What medication has she tried?

Customer: she was on seroquel for a year. now haldo. I have to look up the name. The medication is suppose to calm her, but does not treat the origin of this disorder.
Dr Brims :

Has she tried meclizine?

Customer: no
Dr Brims :

What tests has she had? Has she had an MRI?

Customer: she had all kind of tests in the hospital, no tumor was found. at one time they could not take a mri because she count not keep her body quiet.
Dr Brims :

So she has not had an MRI?

Customer: i do not think so.
Dr Brims :

Okay, I would advise she have an MRI, she can have an open MRI if she won't stay still

Dr Brims :

I also think she may also benefit from trying meclizine

Customer: She lives in Hamburg, Germany. I will visit her this month. I try to talk to the neurologist, and check out about the open mri andher medical records. One diagnosis mentioned hallucinations in the report. My sister who is the caretaker is totally overwhelmed, and I try to find a solution how to go about treatments. In the hospitals she just gets medication and is dismissed after about 2 weeks
Dr Brims :

Okay, you should find out about the open MRI

Customer: okay, I hope we can find a way how to make her life easier. Any other therapy suggestions?
Dr Brims :

Those are the only suggestions for now

Customer: ok thank you.
Dr Brims :

You're quite welcome

Dr Brims :

Please remember to click a rating button prior to exiting the chat session