Dr. Hasan
Dr. Hasan, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS, with experience in all fields of medicine and surgery

is there a way to cure lupus or a way to send it back into

is there a way to cure lupus or a way to send it back into remission?

HI, Thanks for your question. My name isXXXXX and I am here to help you today with your question. I will be happy to assist you with your follow up questions also. I need few details. What are your symptoms and since how long you have this? Regards

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

well its not for me. It's for a friend of mine who has lupus and shes had it 2 yrs now that she's been aware of. and she said each dr gives her different answers. so i'm just wondering is they're a cure for this disease, or a way to calm it down into remission? thank you for helping me understand

You are most welcome. I am so sorry to hear about your friend's problem. I was asking specifically for symptoms because some drugs are more specific for certain symptoms. I am sorry there is no permanent cure but yes there are drugs which can keep the disease under control (remission). These drugs include NSAIDs like ibuprofen, naproxen etc. Then comes the corticosteroids which are mostly used. There is a role of anti malarial drugs in lupus, although lupus is not linked to malaria but a role in controlling certain symptoms like joint pain, rashes, mouth ulcers etc. Lastly in refractory cases immuno suppressive drugs can be used. So this is all what can keep the disease in remission but i am so sorry there is no cure. I really wish all the best to your friend. Please ask if you have any question because our discussion always remains open so you can always ask more and I will be glad to assist you. Your excellent feedback is requested and will be appreciated, regards.